I never thought I'd see the day ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe thin broth based soups (Veggie, beef, chicken...) then run a stick blender through them. Leave out the tomato and stick to high start/high fiber veggies? It could be as thin or thick as you need it to be and I think I paid like $30 for my stick blender at wally world.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guy I worked with had throat cancer awhile back. He fought his way through it and kept from wasting away by mixing up his own concoction of Ensure and some other super high protein drink. He says it saved his life.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wondered about that stuff. I think I'll pick some up at Sam's. Thanks! Are they all sweet tasting or do they have any savory flavors?? If you don't know it's, cool. I'm just tired of sweet stuff.

You can also get the cheaper Equate brand. There are prob 6 or so flavors I have found, even caffe mocha

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Premier Protein makes good shakes. 1000 calories is finebut you need to intakeas 60 or so gram of protein to maintain muscle mass.

ETA: My preferred flavors are chocolate and banana.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For liquids you might try Simply Thick, It is an additive you mix in, just google it. We sell a lot at our pharmacies to people with swallowing problems. As for calories like several people have said try the nutritional drinks some are better than others for sure!

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you can always call us for advise at the pharmacy Thrifty Pharmacy 405-751-2852. We are an independent and we take care of folks unlike some of the box stores. If you call ask for Dani, she is my wife and the pharmacist in charge

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I don't have time to read everything that was posted while I was detailing the inside of the car. I skipped a muscle relaxant this morning and feel like I'm on speed! Haha!

I have PT appointment I have to leave for now but I just wanted you guys to know HOW MUCH I appreciate all the advice.

Seahawk, I will definitely give Dani a call. Thank you so much for the offer for her to help. You don't find this kind of encouragement on other forums. I know I've had my up and downs here but the vast majority of you guys are GREAT fellas. I'm glad I didn't let my problems with a couple of fellas, and my ego, keep me from coming back. I really have missed visiting with you fellas. Well, all except for that drury fella. Damn he's a pain in the ass ... ;)

BBLG!! :wave:

Latest posts

Top Bottom