I remember the good old days of OSA Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here on OSA we keep bad feedback a secret..... don't know why.... it's a fascinating phenomenon that has been going on for years. Nobody ever has the courage to out people when they have bad transactions.

I'm not sure courage has anything to do with it - I think that unless it's completely and thoroughly covered with stink most of the people here are of the "live and let live" persuasion and just prefer not to deal in grief either directed away from or toward us, and that we (well most of us, anyway) are grown up enough that when we make a less-than-stellar deal we realize that we own at least part of the responsibility ourselves.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure courage has anything to do with it - I think that unless it's completely and thoroughly covered with stink most of the people here are of the "live and let live" persuasion and just prefer not to deal in grief either directed away from or toward us, and that we (well most of us, anyway) are grown up enough that when we make a less-than-stellar deal we realize that we own at least part of the responsibility ourselves.

You can talk around it all you like but people either have the courage to call people out on legit bad transactions or they don't. I've seen more than one instance where it probably would've saved someone some time and effort if they'd been warned.

Last edited:

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can talk around it all you like but people either have the courage to call people out on legit bad transactions or they don't. I've seen more than one instance where it probably would've saved someone some time and effort if they'd been warned.

How's the saying go ... "Discretion is the better part of courage" or some such? Agree that it would be "nice" if it saved someone else some grief, but once outed the guilty party will more than likely move on anyway - or else just start a new account. Unless it's a huge deal it's simply not worth the time or effort for many, especially considering how it normally goes on this board "well, I've dealt with (so and so) for years and never had a bad deal" and "somebody's got their panties in a wad over nothing", etc.

Good feedback? You bet - appreciate people and like to let them know it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is hard to sell or trade decently if a person paid full retail tax and all. I have purchased most of my guns used or lightly so, unless I assembled those that can be. In which case they can be sold for a fair price quickly.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've completed a few deals through OSA over the years and most have gone great. Generally I am not afraid to make deals with established members but I do have to remind myself that they are mostly people that I really don't know and their forum presence may not be authentic. I always check the other parties feedback and some post history regardless if they are a buyer or a seller. Although I always leave positive feedback not everyone I've done a transaction with has done the same for me. Leave feedback that is.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's the saying go ... "Discretion is the better part of courage" or some such? Agree that it would be "nice" if it saved someone else some grief, but once outed the guilty party will more than likely move on anyway - or else just start a new account. Unless it's a huge deal it's simply not worth the time or effort for many, especially considering how it normally goes on this board "well, I've dealt with (so and so) for years and never had a bad deal" and "somebody's got their panties in a wad over nothing", etc.

Good feedback? You bet - appreciate people and like to let them know it.

You mean valor? Not sure how that applies to what I'm saying? I'm saying be honest about legit bad transactions. On the other hand, to address your slippery slope, if people are being petty then said honesty will expose themselves as being such.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Valor's probably as apt as courage in context, but yeah - that's the point. No "slippery slope" involved, just difference of opinion on what's worth complaining about and what's not. Not trying to convince or change anyone's mind, just saying how it is for me.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Valor's probably as apt as courage in context, but yeah - that's the point. No "slippery slope" involved, just difference of opinion on what's worth complaining about and what's not. Not trying to convince or change anyone's mind, just saying how it is for me.

Not sure that anyone gave a specific reference to have a difference of opinion? Now if you believe that nobody should ever give negative feedback, then back to my original statement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom