I think OSA is busted...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been trying not to admit it. But times they are a changing. I've got cash setting in my safe just waiting to be spent. I've bought and sold guns for years. I don't just wait for the deal of the century, but I do look for guns that are less than full retail. My used gun purchases are getting fewer and farther in between. More and more I just throw my hands up in frustration and go buy new for $25 more even after tax. I don't know what the deal is, apparently folks are finding people to buy their used guns at or above retail. When I do see one at or above retail I'm interested in at $575 asking price I'll offer $525 and be accused of lowballing! That's not even a 10% reduction! No need to get snitty about it, just give me a counter offer or a "no". It seems the basic notion of friendly negotiating has been lost to the ages. Guess I'm getting old.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the good ole days, you could actually trade stuff too. Guys were more excited about swapping guns for a while than making money off of you.

This. Honestly, I'm so tired of shady buyers/traders around here that jerk you around. I mostly go national or hit up older members I've dealt with here.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this happen A LOT lately, on here and other sites. One of my pet peeves. I don't give a crap if you don't want it anymore, just let me know so I'm not wasting my time trying to track you down and I can move on to the next buyer.

the op did that to me

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like there are several people in this thread that believe in entitlements.
Btw, if I feel like your offer is too low, i will not reply.

If people want to buy a used gun at or above retail, more power to them. I'll admit, maybe there is a benefit to that I'm not seeing. It's just an opinion that something used is worth less than the same thing new...not an expectation to an "entitlement".

Replying to each other till something is settled is just polite and mannerly...it shows mutual respect. Yet again something being lost in this day and age. People just don't really care much about others. No biggie, just a sign of the times I suppose.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fond of the adds that say, "$*** Absolutely Firm!" and then come down $50 or so the next day or the day after, and sometimes even more after a couple more days. Or the ones that say something like, "Back in the safe if it doesn't sell by tomorrow" and then run for another week or so.

One of the guns I bought on this site, the one from Dutch, our back and forth lasted almost 2 months. I ended up giving him a little more than he finally settled on simply out of respect for him and because the money I finally gave to him was a fair price.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people want to buy a used gun at or above retail, more power to them. I'll admit, maybe there is a benefit to that I'm not seeing. It's just an opinion that something used is worth less than the same thing new...not an expectation to an "entitlement".

Replying to each other till something is settled is just polite and mannerly...it shows mutual respect. Yet again something being lost in this day and age. People just don't really care much about others. No biggie, just a sign of the times I suppose.

I agree, as long as they are not low balling. There is nothing polite, or respectful about low balling someone. I don't mind when people make me an offer, and I sometimes make offers to other people. Everyone wants a good deal, but I won't lowball people. I respond most all of the time, but if someone lowballs me, I won't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom