Illinois River Floaters Watch Out!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not an indigenous species and therefore shouldn't be covered by ANY of our game laws. Same as a wild hog as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately this isn't the case. The American alligator is considered to be a native species in the state. Surely being from Cartwright you heard about the gator that was caught around Tishomingo and released back into Lake Texoma by the local game wardens.

http://www.kten.com/story/11502637/alligator-caught-released-in-johnston-county

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The river here, there's lots of activity, with people in the summertime swimming, and everyday there are people here using the river and something like that could potentially pose a threat to the community," said Jared Cramer, State Game Warden.

I think this is the Jared that posts here quite a bit. Hopefully he can give us the 411

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The river here, there's lots of activity, with people in the summertime swimming, and everyday there are people here using the river and something like that could potentially pose a threat to the community," said Jared Cramer, State Game Warden.

I think this is the Jared that posts here quite a bit. Hopefully he can give us the 411
I shot it, we (ODWC) had determined it a public safety concern, due its its location and the activities going on in the area. Unfortunately for me I agreed to a media interview, and at that time we hadnt confirmed or disclosed that it was indeed dead because of me. So the media spun that we were looking for who shot it, because I didnt tell them I shot it, and the story wasnt suppoesed to include anything about who shot it. Then when I had to correct the issue that we werent looking for a shooter suspect. They then spun it like I had started a man hunt and then confessed later and also made it clear I wouldnt be facing any charges in a manner that appeared that I should but am gonna get away with it. When actually ODWC can handle any nuisance wildlife with whatever manner is appropriate for the situation. Lesson learned- I wont be giving any comments to media until all facts are determined and able to be released. Me not saying that I shot it or specifically telling them we are not interested/looking for the shooter, unintentially misled them so they rightfully assumed what anyone else would. My fault completely. The End

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:thumb:Sorry, but it doesn't sound like your fault to me. Maybe we should take a poll.

Yeah, definitely not Jared's fault. Journalism is dead, but the local news folks in Oklahoma take it to another level it seems. KOTV seems to be one of the worst ones. They'll flat out talk out of their ass just to make a story more "interesting" for their website.

I also noticed they were calling you a "park ranger". :rolleyes2

Good job Jared. Don't worry about reporters/journalists that can't do their job as well as you can do yours. It's sad you can't comment on something like this to the media and not have it spun ridiculously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom