Immigration Reform Looming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious questions:

As the chances for a comprehensive immigration reform loom more likely, how do you feel about it?

What form would you like it to take?

Is there anything that these new immigrants can do to gain your approval?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm coming to the opinion that: anything that is free is worth what you pay for it. So the US basically removes the status "illegal immigrant" and essentially opens the borders, will it be of any value to live here? I think the producers will find a place where they can produce and the leeches on society will move to the US and suck it dry.

This is looking attractive:
http://www.buybelize.com/

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more the United States looks like Mexico, the more it will look like Mexico. I don't want to hear about how the nation is "made up of immigrants", as this is a whole different matter. Europeans were expected to (and did) assimilate, learn the language, and became "Americans". The new immigrants have shown, for the most part, that they have little desire to assimilate, but to just be Mexicans (let's be honest - that's the largest group coming in) in the United States, and to take advantage of whatever they can get. They send money back to Mexico, show their allegiance to Mexico, and if times get tough, they just go back and forth as the economy fluctuates. They aren't potential "Americans", but illegal Mexican squatters. I don't see signs in stores in English underscored with French, Italian, German, French, or any other language. But they are sure doubled up with Spanish. That doesn't look like "assimilation" to me, but rather surrender by the host country. Call me a xenophobe, but I'd like to see them send as many back as they can round up. And if we don't completely seal the border, there's no reason to not just let them all in. We are on the cusp of the end of the U.S. as we know it. Not being dramatic - it's the truth.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean the illegal alien amnesty?
How do I feel about it? Disappointed, betrayed. I remember when I was just a wee lad and ate in the school lunch room, people would cut in line. If I was already at the table, I didn't like it, but I didn't say much. If I was in line, I spoke up. I don't see anyone speaking up for the people in line.

What form would I like it to take? It doesn't really matter does it? If this law or reform becomes inconvenient, it will be ignored or reformed too.

Is there anything the illegals that receive can do to gain my approval? No. They cheated. I don't like cheaters. If they need my approval they are sol.

If we are going to be nation that ignores rules that aren't convenient, why don't we just go with anarchy to start with, everyone do their own thing. If my thing steps on your thing, then it's up to us to settle it. Laws, we don't need no stinking laws.

If it was serious reform that would involve changing the process, what I see is pretty much "olly, olly, oxen free". But it hasn't passed in any form yet, so we really don't know what we are talking about do we? And yes I know, that's pretty much my normal state. And if it does pass and the sitting president doesn't favor it and decides to ignore it like we have now, what does it matter?

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think we should have open borders and that I should be able to hire whoever I want without the government telling me I can't because of their "status". Human capital should be able to flow freely.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Serious questions:

As the chances for a comprehensive immigration reform loom more likely, how do you feel about it? At this point in time I'm about ready to just turn off all immigration for a couple of years.

What form would you like it to take? The exact form that Rubio is talking about. But that's not going to happen, the communists won't allow it. Oh they might sign on, pay lip service and pat each other on the butt now, but they are just lying. Just like always and the Repukes will be shocked and insulted when they figure it out, but the damage will be done.

Is there anything that these new immigrants can do to gain your approval? Yes. Go home and do it legally.

See above

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think we should have open borders and that I should be able to hire whoever I want without the government telling me I can't because of their "status". Human capital should be able to flow freely.
I think you should too, as long as you're willing to pay all the same tax and benefit costs that hiring a US Citizen would require ... in addition to repaying the government for the cost of any handouts (education, welfare, etc.) that they avail themselves of. After all, we're in an ever increasing habit of giving non-citizens the same (and in some ways arguably more) "rights" than we are our own people.

Of course, the better thing might be to eliminate most of the taxes, benefits, requirements, and handouts across the board ... so let's take care of all that before we worry about immigration reform.-

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious questions:

As the chances for a comprehensive immigration reform loom more likely, how do you feel about it?

What form would you like it to take?

Is there anything that these new immigrants can do to gain your approval?

They can do the same thing my grandparents did when they came through Ellis Island. Get a job, pay taxes, learn English and become an American Citizen.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still looking for the reform part of this mess that Rubio was conned into going along with. We would be better off just copying Canada's system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom