Increased Hunting and Fishing Licenses Costs Proposed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an excerpt of the email I received from the Wildlife Department on the license fees. Seems like for resident licenses the cost of the license and tags increase but you only have to buy one deer tag for your entire season limit now.

“This act also brings Oklahoma’s fees more in line to those of other surrounding states. In some cases, the license cost will increase, and in others the cost will decrease. For example, a resident deer archery hunter who wanted to harvest all six deer allowed for last year’s season had to have a $32 annual hunting license and a $20 deer license for each animal taken, at a total cost of $152. Under the new fee structure, that same hunter will now pay a total of $72 (annual hunting license at $36, and full-limit deer archery season license for $36).”

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I hear correctly that a tag for black bear was now included for lifetime license holders?
Per ODWC’s email, a black bear tag is now included in the lifetime
IMG_4028.jpeg

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an excerpt of the email I received from the Wildlife Department on the license fees. Seems like for resident licenses the cost of the license and tags increase but you only have to buy one deer tag for your entire season limit now.

“This act also brings Oklahoma’s fees more in line to those of other surrounding states. In some cases, the license cost will increase, and in others the cost will decrease. For example, a resident deer archery hunter who wanted to harvest all six deer allowed for last year’s season had to have a $32 annual hunting license and a $20 deer license for each animal taken, at a total cost of $152. Under the new fee structure, that same hunter will now pay a total of $72 (annual hunting license at $36, and full-limit deer archery season license for $36).”

Per ODWC’s email, a black bear tag is now included in the lifetimeView attachment 466513
Check out what’s changed for the youth….such an evil money grabbing agency…LM*off!

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out what’s changed for the youth….such an evil money grabbing agency…LM*off!
The way I read it...if a 16 year old kid hunts rifle, BP, and bow deer season, they would be $35 for each and another $25 for a license. That sucks!

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I read it...if a 16 year old kid hunts rifle, BP, and bow deer season, they would be $35 for each and another $25 for a license. That sucks!
Negative

Youth under 18 (including NON-RESIDENT) will be exempt from a fishing license and the annual hunting license.

Resident youth will be able to buy a hunting license to cover ALL species and ALL seasons for $25.

The same for non-resident youth will be available as a 5-day license for $75 or an annual license for $150.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom