Increased Hunting and Fishing Licenses Costs Proposed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative

Youth under 18 (including NON-RESIDENT) will be exempt from a fishing license and the annual hunting license.

Resident youth will be able to buy a hunting license to cover ALL species and ALL seasons for $25.

The same for non-resident youth will be available as a 5-day license for $75 or an annual license for $150.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Are you getting a bonus for going on social media to put lipstick on this pig?🤣

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Negative

Youth under 18 (including NON-RESIDENT) will be exempt from a fishing license and the annual hunting license.

Resident youth will be able to buy a hunting license to cover ALL species and ALL seasons for $25.

The same for non-resident youth will be available as a 5-day license for $75 or an annual license for $150.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
I see! I was reading the Introduced Bill (that would have sucked) glad they made those changes.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody knows the wildlife department is just a fascist evil money grabbing organization with their armed thugs they call “game wardens” whose sole purpose is to steal our money and trample our rights! Hahaha…

I once heard a sovereign citizen type moron stating he shouldn’t have to pay for a fishing license because “god gave us these waters and these fish” blah blah… I’m thinking, “dude, you’re fishing on a man made lake catching species that are managed and stocked” lol. People can be so selfish and dumb

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody knows the wildlife department is just a fascist evil money grabbing organization with their armed thugs they call “game wardens” whose sole purpose is to steal our money and trample our rights! Hahaha…

I once heard a sovereign citizen type moron stating he shouldn’t have to pay for a fishing license because “god gave us these waters and these fish” blah blah… I’m thinking, “dude, you’re fishing on a man made lake catching species that are managed and stocked” lol. People can be so selfish and dumb
Wow, if only the handle “Badge Bunny” hadn’t already been used….🤣
I actually have a very good relationship with the Alfalfa county game warden and am not knocking their job or how they do it (although the supposed tactic of sitting on overpasses looking into pickup beds is pretty chickenchit), but I’ve asked the guy serious questions as have the guys on the lease south of my place and only been told to read the regs. If I was clear on what the damn regs said, I wouldn’t be asking the damn question. :scratch:
I’d have to dig through posts to find it, but I know Jared has been asked question about regulations and dodged them too.
In my opinion, if you can’t ask and get an answer about a hunting or fishing legality from the guys who enforce the hunting and fishing regulations, who the hell do you ask?!?

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually have a very good relationship with the Alfalfa county game warden and am not knocking their job or how they do it (although the supposed tactic of sitting on overpasses looking into pickup beds is pretty chickenchit), but I’ve asked the guy serious questions as have the guys on the lease south of my place and only been told to read the regs. If I was clear on what the damn regs said, I wouldn’t be asking the damn question. :scratch:
I’d have to dig through posts to find it, but I know Jared has been asked question about regulations and dodged them too.
In my opinion, if you can’t ask and get an answer about a hunting or fishing legality from the guys who enforce the hunting and fishing regulations, who the hell do you ask?!?
Man I wasn’t referring to you when I said people being selfish/dumb. You seem cool, wasn’t messing with you.

But the thread was cracking me up and it reminded me of folks I’ve met who literally think like the sarcasm I posted lol

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

on the other hand.....I've seen gumbit folks with a little authority interpret regs in such a way that pushes their own little agenda. So you are pretty well damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s really funny, because I’ve never had an Oklahoma game warden give a definitive answer to any regulation question I’ve ever had. All I’ve ever been told is to read the rules. :scratch:

If you find some post on this forum that was asking me a regulation question and I dodged it, please resurrect it and I’ll make it right.

I don’t monitor this forum for such and I know Ive made it clear in the past as well as that if anyone here has questions they want me to answer they can reach out to me.

Often I do chime in on threads such as this and answer questions or provide input.

as for getting answers out of other GWs, Im sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the service you’ve received. All I can say is maybe you need to contact someone else to ask regulation questions.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out what’s changed for the youth….such an evil money grabbing agency…LM*off!
Not sure what “LM*off” means, but I think my post may have been misunderstood. I haven’t read all the changes, but I’ve no issue with the new license and fee structure from what I’ve seen so far. As long as it’s not cost prohibitive, anything that makes it simpler to go hunting/fishing is good in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom