Innacuracy in Media, PERFECT example

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what caught my eye in the article that sent up red flags:

"The indictment claims Blanco bought many of the illegal weapons and gave them to Reyes."

The weapons were not illegal. They may have been purchased illegaly by "straw purchases" and trafficked illegaly to Mexico, but that does not make the guns themselves illegal. Probably some airhead lefty writer at KFOR saw the word weapons and automatically assign the illegal moniker out of force of habit.

How do you know they were not illegal? Did they have too short of a barrel? Were they modified in any way that is not legal? Have you seen these weapons? Have you inspected them? I do admit that the media does like to use words to sell papers and ad time on tv. Assuming that everything about the weapons was legal is the same thing as assuming they were illegal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this reminds me of the kfor article i mentioned a month ago about the teenager with the tec-9 "submachine gun"?

Or the one today on all of the local channels including Fox that said the deer farmer had three shot by poachers and were "mutlilated".
If one read thru the lines, the heads had been cut off for the antlers, and the "mutilation" was when they cut out the backstraps for meat.
Poachers none the less, and deserve to have their head cut off and displayed above the wildlife department offices.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you know they were not illegal? Did they have too short of a barrel? Were they modified in any way that is not legal? Have you seen these weapons? Have you inspected them? I do admit that the media does like to use words to sell papers and ad time on tv. Assuming that everything about the weapons was legal is the same thing as assuming they were illegal.

You have to be kidding, right? :lmfao::lmfao: If Outdoor America, Big Boy's Guns and Ammo, Butch's Gun Shop or any of the other FFL dealers had made illegal gun sales, this would be making as big or bigger headlines than the Reyes, Blanco and Morales story. This would also have made known in the report. Like I said before, it was probably some lefty writer at KFOR saw the word weapons/guns, had a knee "jerk" reaction and automatically assign the illegal moniker out of force of habit. It's not the first time I've heard things like this from local media stations. I will admit upfront they are a lot better than the national MSM, but they do say these things, intentionally or unintentionally(?), from time to time.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those that still need a map from Reyes' warrant...

Here's a map.

* = straw purchase, plain and simple from the affidavit
*** = ATF setup
The line from Bufford to Polk is to note that Bufford introduced Reyes to Polk.
The dealings of those unmarked are presumably legal.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom