Insurance help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys I’ve got a weird one for you so if anyone Im works in insurance I would greatly appreciate a PM or reply to the thread with some help and guidance.

Situation:
In January of this year my wife I was in the school pickup line and a highschool girl rear ended my wife pretty hard. Wife and daughter were in the car and they both go to chiropractor and the other party’s insurance pays for medical bills and a $500 settlement each to my wife and daughter. That part is fine and I have no issues with that. A week or two after the accident my wife goes to an auto body shot for a quote. The guy crawls under the car and jots his notes down and goes to his computer and prints out a quote with parts and labor of $1,7xx.xx. We submit that to other party’s insurance. We tell them we don’t know when we will get the repairs done and that we own the vehicle outright and just want to be paid for the damages to the car . Couple months go by and nothing. Finally I get the claim number and phone number from my wife and I call and they say they already issued payment to the auto body shop. And I explain the car hasn’t been repaired and that we didn’t want payment sent to them. The guy says he needs to contact the auto body place to get the money back. ANOTHER couple months go by and I call back this time it’s a different claims lady and she is more helpful yet no results. I call again a month later (present) and say look, our vehicle was damaged, you all issued payment to the wrong place and that’s not my problem. The only person who hasn’t been compensated is the person that has property damage done! I need the $1,700 paid. She goes, “sir the payment was only for $789.03.” I asked where she got that number and she said well our appraiser only approved that much. I said I don’t care what he approved I am legally allowed to go to whatever auto body shop I choose and I chose the one that quoted $1,700. She basically said her hands are tied and she can’t do anything above what the appraiser quoted . So I called my insurance and my agent said I should get another quote from a different shop and send it to her. If they still don’t want to play ball I can file a claim through my insurance where my insurance will pay me and they’ll go after the other party’s insurance for reimbursement. But that will put a ding on my account and cause my rates to go up. Do I get an attorney to send a strongly worded letter to the other insurance? Do I send them an invoice? I don’t know what to do but I’m getting more and more pissed over this. Thanks in advance OSA!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys I’ve got a weird one for you so if anyone Im works in insurance I would greatly appreciate a PM or reply to the thread with some help and guidance.

Situation:
In January of this year my wife I was in the school pickup line and a highschool girl rear ended my wife pretty hard. Wife and daughter were in the car and they both go to chiropractor and the other party’s insurance pays for medical bills and a $500 settlement each to my wife and daughter. That part is fine and I have no issues with that. A week or two after the accident my wife goes to an auto body shot for a quote. The guy crawls under the car and jots his notes down and goes to his computer and prints out a quote with parts and labor of $1,7xx.xx. We submit that to other party’s insurance. We tell them we don’t know when we will get the repairs done and that we own the vehicle outright and just want to be paid for the damages to the car . Couple months go by and nothing. Finally I get the claim number and phone number from my wife and I call and they say they already issued payment to the auto body shop. And I explain the car hasn’t been repaired and that we didn’t want payment sent to them. The guy says he needs to contact the auto body place to get the money back. ANOTHER couple months go by and I call back this time it’s a different claims lady and she is more helpful yet no results. I call again a month later (present) and say look, our vehicle was damaged, you all issued payment to the wrong place and that’s not my problem. The only person who hasn’t been compensated is the person that has property damage done! I need the $1,700 paid. She goes, “sir the payment was only for $789.03.” I asked where she got that number and she said well our appraiser only approved that much. I said I don’t care what he approved I am legally allowed to go to whatever auto body shop I choose and I chose the one that quoted $1,700. She basically said her hands are tied and she can’t do anything above what the appraiser quoted . So I called my insurance and my agent said I should get another quote from a different shop and send it to her. If they still don’t want to play ball I can file a claim through my insurance where my insurance will pay me and they’ll go after the other party’s insurance for reimbursement. But that will put a ding on my account and cause my rates to go up. Do I get an attorney to send a strongly worded letter to the other insurance? Do I send them an invoice? I don’t know what to do but I’m getting more and more pissed over this. Thanks in advance OSA!
Never settle anything until you are happy. Settling the medical was a mistake.

Insurance commission is worthless.

Find a good attorney and file a civil lawsuit.

You have to sue the individual and their insurance will pay to defend.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Situation:
First advice, in a auto accident no matter who is at fault don't settle any medical claims till vehicle damage is settled. That is their priority to settle them so that doesn't come back to bite them. Don't Do It! If it's not going smoothly on the vehicle claim you can have a injury relapse. You have to play their games.

Edit; It's sad that you have to be that way. But insurance companies bottom line is the most important thing to them no matter how bad you get screwed over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom