Insurance help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the other guys that said contact an attorney. They'll take their cut, but you might end up with more than the damages out of the deal. That guy "Pepper Wins" on TV all the time eats situations like this for lunch, I've been told.
I’ll look him up. Just pisses me off. I’m not trying to get a payday. Just want compensated for damages. But if they’re going to try and screw me then I want it to cost them more.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An attorney won't do much for $1700 claim, plus you'll have to pay their fee. Are you just trying to put the money in your pocket or ? They issue payment to the shop, the shop sends back a supplemental for the rest. The estimate is just that.

You can contact the commissioner's office but I'd listen to your insurance agent and let them handle it. You shouldn't get dinged for a subrogation claim.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An attorney won't do much for $1700 claim, plus you'll have to pay their fee. Are you just trying to put the money in your pocket or ? They issue payment to the shop, the shop sends back a supplemental for the rest. The estimate is just that.

You can contact the commissioner's office but I'd listen to your insurance agent and let them handle it. You shouldn't get dinged for a subrogation claim.

This.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll look him up. Just pisses me off. I’m not trying to get a payday. Just want compensated for damages. But if they’re going to try and screw me then I want it to cost them more.
From what I've heard they'll send your family to a new doctor that will diagnose you with some % of loss of function on top of everything else, then they'll have your car damage appraised by someone that replaces the parts with unicorn bone, thus making the $1700 grow to $12,000. Then they'll sue for that and take a 40% cut.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never settle anything until you are happy. Settling the medical was a mistake.

Insurance commission is worthless.

Find a good attorney and file a civil lawsuit.

You have to sue the individual and their insurance will pay to defend.

I can't tell you how many claims get settled with a call from the commissioner. Especially at this level.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this company is one to watch out for. I knew one the guys that was part of this judgement.
The judge did not like insurance companies. This was in Woodward after tornados.

In his decision last week, Linder said he was "shocked at the disservice" to the three plaintiffs in the case and awarded each plaintiff $2 million for bad faith and breach of duty and $3 million each in punitive damages.

A spokesman for Farmers Insurance says the company is reviewing the decision and is evaluating its next step.

LOL

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many claims get settled with a call from the commissioner. Especially at this level.
My claim didn’t. I ended it through a jury trail and won a judgment for about 20 times the policy limit, but it was a medical and I was a passenger.
The insurance wanted to settle the morning of the trail which was about 2 years after the accident. Too late!

The insurance paid because the insured was about to sue his insurance for not providing the fiduciary responsibility to the policy holder. The insurance could have paid the medical bills and I would have been happy. But they wanted to drag it out, so they really paid, a lot more. I had a smart attorney.

Latest posts

Top Bottom