Irritating armslist transaction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly!! it's about assessing condition before continuing the transaction. Funny how some people just don't get that.

and some peoples definition of "like new in box" is very different than mine. a gun can't be like new if it's had 2,000 rounds down the pipe and custom grips put on. geez.

You what the definition of "like new in box" is? A gun that I brand new in the box. Never fired since leaving The factory. There is nothing like new except a new one. That is like saying they are like a virgin but not. I cleaned it really good it is born again new in box.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You what the definition of "like new in box" is? A gun that I brand new in the box. Never fired since leaving The factory. There is nothing like new except a new one. That is like saying they are like a virgin but not. I cleaned it really good it is born again new in box.

I would agree. Armslist sellers - not so much.

"Like new in box, just minor scratches from handling. Magazine never been fired except for one box ran(sp) through it. Finish is perfect other than where I dropped it off my porch. " - I could keep going.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I only deal with reputable licensed gun sellers or established members on OSA for my firearms purchases.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are a lot of very immature dudes in the "gun world." Seriously. I noticed it back when I was a youngster. 40+ year-old adolescents who just act like jackasses. People who act like they want to get physical simply because you disagree with them (most of them probably have never been in a fight in their life). It's a poor reflection on the gun community.

Ive noticed this!

I don't sell firearms for a living but I love guns, dealing & haggling, and assume Id like selling them VS what I do now. I don't understand why SO MANY dealers have some of the worst attitudes of any business demographic I've come across.

I appreciate a person's freedom to ask whatever price they want for an object, the market dictates, but I wish they would appreciate my freedom to say they're Nuckin' Futs!

;)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In order to avoid situations such as the OP described, either buy new, or buy from a reputable OSA member.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned a hard lesson after dealing with a seller on a Jeep. He claimed "little rust" but wouldn't supply the pictures I requested. When I went to look at it the original claim should have read, "Little NOT rusted"

There is always a risk that the seller isn't 100% truthful in their description.

Sundance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a similar experience with an AR a while back. Guy said it was in excellent condition so I drove out of my way to pick it up. He pulled up and opened his trunk and there it was sitting on top of a tools and other stuff with nothing to protect it. It was in terrible condition used and abused, maybe worth $150 for someone who doesn't care. I explained that it was far from the condition stated and didn't appreciate him wasting my time like that and for him to have a great day and work on being a little more honest in the future. Poo poo happens

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was more concerned with how mad he got than with the condition being misrepresented. He seemed like the kind of guy that was hard on everything and everyone though. I'll be buying new or from established members from now. Don't need some psycho running me over or worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom