is a 9.00 dollar minimum wage the answer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What will help this country is more jobs that pay ABOVE the minimum wage. You are not supposed to be able to raise a family on MINIMUM WAGE. Minimum wage is for entry level jobs. Dishwashers, floor sweepers and high school kids starting out in the work force. It's a shame that I see job postings for SKILLED JOBS that only pay the minimum wage.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CEO's, board members, and investors will still make the same amount of money regardless of minimum wage.

So where will revenue for the $1.75 an hour increase come from? Consumer goods.

Which is why when minimum wage goes up, mine goes down due to the cost of living. My question is, why are people trying to live on minimum wage, is it really that bad out there, or is it that people can't hold a job, or work hard enough to move up from minimum wage?

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny how during the booming financial times if the 90s and early 2000s, the wages never changed. Clearly min wave doesn't need to go up to help the economy.

As a small business owner, I will confirm that this will just drive all prices up. We are already facing Obamacare mandated costs increases that will also trickle down to the prices of goods in 2014. Increased wages will just compound that coming problem.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the wage should be $40/hour, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks a year, no matter what you do. That way we can all be the same. That will end this class warfare.

No over time no bonuses no nothing. $83,200/year for every man woman and child.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What will help this country is more jobs that pay ABOVE the minimum wage. You are not supposed to be able to raise a family on MINIMUM WAGE. Minimum wage is for entry level jobs. Dishwashers, floor sweepers and high school kids starting out in the work force. It's a shame that I see job postings for SKILLED JOBS that only pay the minimum wage.

That's because greedy empolyers and business owners will hire illegal aliens to do these skilled jobs. They don't have to anything more then minimum wage. If you think illegals are just doing hard labor jobs that no one else will do you're just not paying attention.

darth_ted_82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hollow legislation, a farce. The only purpose it serves is to give the impression he cares and is doing something about it. The sheep have no idea that the increased cost will be passed onto them in the form of higher prices for everything or fewer jobs all around.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the results in the past have always been stellar when they did this.....:lookaroun

If people would just live within there means a lot of problems would be solved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom