Is anyone else getting tired of this crap ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I’m just as tired of this as the next person, we can’t just go back to where we were. There is racism, of all kinds, and there probably will always be examples that come to light occasionally. There are LEOs that should not be employed, and probably should be charged with various crimes, just like every other profession.

The protests have been effective, until many of them became destructive and violent. Some of that probably was caused by parties not associated with the original complaints.

Their right to protest is just as valid as our right to own firearms. Imagine how close some of our protests have come to being hijacked by outside groups. I don’t know that it has happened, but the potential is there.

I know through this I have been reminded of times when I would see a black kid, wearing his hoodie, outside his a 7-11, and the thought goes through my mind of a potential robbery.

But, they are now running the risk of losing the support.

Statistics, not racism, show this concern to be a valid one.

Im sooooooooooo tired of this ‘They have the right to protest’ garbage.
I have the right to live in the nation my ancestors conquered, settled, and cultivated.
I have the right to see my taxes and work go toward improving upon what my ancestors achieved, not watching it be consumed by domestic terrorists who then burn down the very institutions that support them.
My sons have the right to live in a civilized nation with rules and should be held accountable should they violate them. We accept this social contract and have the right to expect it is upheld by society.
My family has the right to live in peace.
And I have the right to not give a damn that a career criminal drug user (Who held a gun to a pregnant woman while her house was robbed) died, with meth and fentanyl in his system, in a hospital after he tried resisting arrest.
I also have the right to take the cops side because the only reason he is being crucified is that he’s white and that his race is being used to push a false narrative of systemic racism by cultural marxists who want to make us all slaves.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is the perception from both sides. Some see rioting and automatically think all protesters are violent. Some see a few bad cops and automatically think all cops are bad. Maybe some of these people have experienced real racism and automatically think all white people are racist. That viewpoint creates resentment among non-racist white people, and we end up with huge threads on the topic. While perception is rarely reality, it's generally accepted as such.

The real question that should be asked is, if freedom to assemble is concrete in our bill of rights, is the requirement for permits a violation of your rights akin to gun control?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2020, by race
Published by Statista Research Department, Jun 5, 2020
2017 2018 2019 2020*
White 457 399 370 172
Black 223 209 235 88
Hispanic 179 148 158 57
Other 44 36 39 14
Unknown 84 204 202 98

Here's the interesting thing about those numbers. I put them in Excel then just did a real simple conversion of them to express percentage of the total, and then put that side by side with the last demographic data from 2010:
UsgCKgd.jpg

What's interesting is that using the Census data for percentages,
72.4% of America is white, but they are killed at about 40% of the total deaths
16.3% of America is Hispanic/Latino and they are killed at 16%
12.6% of America is Black and they are killed at 22%
"Unknown/Other" is killed at about 20%
*NOTE: The Census numbers add up to 116% due to the way the Census processes responses.

So basically, if everyone was equal you'd expect them shot at equal rates --- whites at 72ish%, blacks at 12.6%, Latinos at 16.3% and so forth. But the hard numbers (without counting "other") show whites are nearly half as likely to get shot as a percentage of their group. Blacks are twice as likely. The only people getting shot per expectations are the Hispanic/Latino crowd.

Point being that something is causing that departure from that "all things equal" expectation. There's lots of possible explanations for it, but just by the numbers the only group getting shot above expectations are the is the black community.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Statistics, not racism, show this concern to be a valid one.

Im sooooooooooo tired of this ‘They have the right to protest’ garbage.
I have the right to live in the nation my ancestors conquered, settled, and cultivated.
I have the right to see my taxes and work go toward improving upon what my ancestors achieved, not watching it be consumed by domestic terrorists who then burn down the very institutions that support them.
My sons have the right to live in a civilized nation with rules and should be held accountable should they violate them. We accept this social contract and have the right to expect it is upheld by society.
My family has the right to live in peace.
And I have the right to not give a damn that a career criminal drug user (Who held a gun to a pregnant woman while her house was robbed) died, with meth and fentanyl in his system, in a hospital after he tried resisting arrest.
I also have the right to take the cops side because the only reason he is being crucified is that he’s white and that his race is being used to push a false narrative of systemic racism by cultural marxists who want to make us all slaves.

A right to protest? Civilized nation with rules like a Constitution? You'll love the First Amendment then:

QER82GA.jpg

Edit - Because I forgot to include it when I typed this out, I will say in advance "Yes I know this says peaceably protest and not loot/riot." However, as has been brought up many times in this thread, there is certainly a large distinction between the protestors and the looters and rioters.

You certainly don't have to care about the guy (who died on scene not in the hospital). But if you really really care about upholding rules, socials contracts and institutions, then you probably should care when police commit murder in broad daylight.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the sense that I could cite an entire body of research and it wouldn't make a difference because there's an opinion that people here like that says otherwise.

1:50ish - "We are the only community that caters to the bottom denominator of our society". I'd make a case that it's like the strength of a chain is limited to it's weakest link. We should care about the bottom of society, pull them up, help them. That is morally a better position than what? To subjugate them, cast them out? What
2:00ish - "Fight and scream and demand support and justice for those up to no good". What happened to liberty AND JUSTICE for ALL??
2:55ish - "I will not accept the narrative that this is the best the black community has to offer". Okay, true, but see the point above. It should't be about the best. It should be about how we treat our weakest.
3:25ish - "George Floyd was not an amazing person". Okay, so we should only treat amazing people with respect and not kill them. A lot of us who are not amazing should probably be worried --- most of us have our own severe faults.
4:00-5:30ish and beyond - Drugs are a helluva drug. Power is too...once the situation is contained, stop. Just stop. Stop with the knee. When the pulse is gone, stop with the knee. It doesn't matter who he was, what he was doing. She wants to make a point that he was a bad person, okay cool, he wasn't great. Does that mean he should die in that situation? She wants to make a point that he wasn't a hero or role model, okay cool, he wasn't a hero or a role model. Does that mean he should die in that situation? He would never have achieved the name recognition and notoriety if they guy had done his job and treated him as a human with even a teeninciest ounce of compassion.
5:40-8:00 - "Everyone deserves a second chance but...." No, no buts allowed here. You believe people can get better or you don't. It's like in AA when someone falls off the horse --- you don't cast them to doom, but rally around and try to get them sober again. That's how it should work broadly. Bonus points for saying basically that the record doesn't matter and then reading his record. Again, I'm not saying he was a good guy. But did he deserve to die? There was a guy a few years back that tried to break into my house drunk and on drugs and I could have shot him, but didn't --- he didn't deserve it, and it wasn't warranted. Crazy incident, but personally I'm glad I could control and deescalate it without lethal force. Drugs are a helluva thing and make people do bad stuff, no doubt. But the coverage I have seen has not portrayed him as a good dude either, it's mainly been focused on the "did he deserve to die question. That's ultimately what the defining thing is.

You basically turned her arguments into several strawman arguments of things she never said and didn't watch the rest of the video. She also repeats herself SEVERAL times that he didn't deserve to die and you keep harping on that. I get you're not going to change your mind but you obviously heard what you wanted to hear and didn't listen to what she said.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just one very, very, very minor correction... the Equal Rights Amendment was never added to the constitution. It was passed by Congress in 1972, but was not ratified by the required minimum 38 states before the established deadline(s). There is some controversy over whether it has been sufficiently ratified, but in any case it is not currently part of the constitution.

Not that it is significant to your point, I just saw that statement and was like, wait, what? :)

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay now show me the stat of how many black people are murdered each year. Then show that in a comparison of % dying by police vs dying by black on black crime. Also show the stats on violent crimes by race. Its all about picking the stat that supports your arguments.

Our society is broken we have large portions of the population without fathers and intact family units. That is the biggest issue, all the after school programs in the world wont fix our social ills. Throwing more money at it wont fix it either.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Blacks committed 60% of the violent crimes in 2019. Out of 10,000 arrests for violent crime, 3 blacks are killed compared to 4 whites. No one of any race has the right to destroy property or loot.
It’s a shame the old man was pushed and got hurt but had he not been deliberately approaching a police line he wouldn’t have gotten hurt.
It’s a shame the police officers handled the arrest of Floyd the way they did. He was no saint and to make him a martyr for police violence against blacks is wrong.
I just hope no more police officers are hurt because they hesitated to use necessary force to deal with a situation because a suspect is black.
The real truth is we have a large number of young black males in this nation that are in a culture where violence is the norm. Last year, over 9,000 black people were killed by homicide. 1/10th of 1% were killed by police. Most were killed by other blacks. If BLM had a valid concern, the data shows that should be their focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A right to protest? Civilized nation with rules like a Constitution? You'll love the First Amendment then:

QER82GA.jpg

Edit - Because I forgot to include it when I typed this out, I will say in advance "Yes I know this says peaceably protest and not loot/riot." However, as has been brought up many times in this thread, there is certainly a large distinction between the protestors and the looters and rioters.

You certainly don't have to care about the guy (who died on scene not in the hospital). But if you really really care about upholding rules, socials contracts and institutions, then you probably should care when police commit murder in broad daylight.

He died at 9:25 in the hospital.
Oh are you talking about the independent ME? Lol ok, and Epstein did kill himself.

As of now there are no rules, at least not evenly applied.
Man shoots looter in his store=arrested, man runs over ‘peaceful protestor’ while trying to escape angry mob=life+419 years for the crime of having dank memes. Congressional hearing on the scourge of white nationalist violence, silence on the overwhelmingly biased statistics on race crime in the US.

Nah, that document you cited doesn’t matter anymore. It’s an old rag that no one in the political sphere has any use for anymore. It was replaced by the civil rights act and gave rights to certain special protected classes and the white man isn’t one of them.

I do however compliment your dedication to the narrative-to compare what’s going on to peaceful protesting leaves one thunderstruck.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay now show me the stat of how many black people are murdered each year. Then show that in a comparison of % dying by police vs dying by black on black crime. Also show the stats on violent crimes by race. Its all about picking the stat that supports your arguments.

Our society is broken we have large portions of the population without fathers and intact family units. That is the biggest issue, all the after school programs in the world wont fix our social ills. Throwing more money at it wont fix it either.

Crime stats by race? Here ya go:

https://www.amren.com/archives/reports/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/

In short, if minorities want to stop being ‘Abused’ by police-stop breaking the law!
That’s the insidious thing here. When they say ‘systemic racism’ they simply mean law and order. They want it gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom