Is the Ammo situation still getting worse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like things are still getting worse out there. I really thought that we might see a bit more pop up as we got closer to summer and further from the Christmas gift crowd. However, I think it is just getting worse and worse. Places don't seem to be getting in much of anything.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to buy all my ammo at WM.

My WM never has any ammo.

I never buy ammo anymore.

It sure isn't getting much better!

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got tired of playing the Wal Mart game and can't be there at 6:00 a.m. except on weekends. In the past two months, I have been using gun-bot and have amassed 800 rounds of .223/5.56, 400 rounds of 9mm, and about 300 rounds of .38 spl for the wife to go along with what I had before this madness started. We can actually go to the range now and replace what we need (with a little research and patience). If you are persistent and visit the site often, you can find good deals (as cheap as Wal Mart).

http://www.gunbot.net/

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got tired of playing the Wal Mart game and can't be there at 6:00 a.m. except on weekends. In the past two months, I have been using gun-bot and have amassed 800 rounds of .223/5.56, 400 rounds of 9mm, and about 300 rounds of .38 spl for the wife to go along with what I had before this madness started. We can actually go to the range now and replace what we need (with a little research and patience). If you are persistent and visit the site often, you can find good deals (as cheap as Wal Mart).

I just always seem to miss the good deals on Gunbot. I will redouble my efforts!!

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, no telling people about the deals on gunbot, they are hard enough to get as it is. I guess since the word is out I'll give a tip. Look at the places which have had good deals in the past and sign up with them so the buying process is faster when they have their next good deal. A plugin that can fill in your info (like lastpass) with the click of the button is helpful as well.

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just always seem to miss the good deals on Gunbot. I will redouble my efforts!!

Check it several times during the day. When you wake up, mid morning, lunch, mid afternoon, and evening. It will appear (e.g. 9mm WWB $.38/round) and you have to be quick. Within minutes it will go out of stock. But, you will have luck if you are persistent. The good news is there are retailers out there that aren't gouging and are still offering at decent pricing. Beware of high shipping charges though. I think Natchez charges $17 in shipping. That will push your cost per round up so it isn't as good of a deal as advertisied. Good luck BangBangJamDang.

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
N2Sooners is exaclty right! Above all, keep being persistent. I still miss great deals within minutes of them hitting the internet. Just wanted to help some fellow okies having a hard time finding anything.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, one more tip. They have an alert on gunbot and you can set your own price to set off that alert if you sign up. Do that and then leave a window or tab open with gun bot running. When you hear the alert jump on it. That only helps if you are at or close to your computer, but it helps. Even with that, you will still miss many of them, just keep trying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom