Is the FN SCAR 17S a must have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about must have, but they are pretty awesome. Very light, accurate, surprisingly low recoil. They just aren't as modular as the .308 ARs, and they have a big reciprocating thumb chopper that will get you if you hold it with your support hand in very close to the mag well.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First hand accounts are always best. I don't know anyone with a SCAR which is why I came here to see (opinions) if it was worth $3100.00.
I agree that the 10/22 is a must have.

Last edited:

SCAROK

Marksman
Reaction score
I have owned two HK91's and shot several AR 308 weapons. I love my SCAR17, a sniper rifle no but that is not what it was designed for. It is light and recoil is much better than the other .308 rifles I have shot. Very easy to take down and clean. I would not trade it to get an AR type rifle, I would like to try a Larue OBR however.

t_towner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just came across this.

I have a Scar 17s and it is hands down my favorite assault rifle. I have played enough w the M1a and it's a heavy beast. I also have the 901 convertible colt. The colt is a nice gun but significantly heavier.

Yes, price of admission is high but it's light weight and mags are now in stock. Even the cheap polymer mags cycle fine. It would depend on how you plan to use the gun as spare parts can be hard to find.

Right now it's sets at the back door waiting for those wild piggies to come back and visit the cat food/livestock.

Would love to compare w a HK91 as I've been looking for one.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated many times before it's a battle rifle, but it is rather fun to shoot and looks sweet. When I use standard ammo I can't get mine to group better than an inch at 100yards. With match grade I get sub MOA without a problem. I have the larue qd mount that takes my scope up 1.5 inches and I like it there. It does hold zero if you take it off and put it back on exactly as before.

If you get it I would definitely get a better trigger as the one on it isn't great. I would also get a better stock release button as it comes with a plastic one and you might even want do a few other fun custom options.

Is it worth $3200? People pay that and more for them often. I have personally put about 500 rounds through mine with no issues or Jams. It tears down fast and easy. I always get tons of questions, looks and pictures when I take it to the range...

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_13_e4a8ajev.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a sweet looking gun! Thanks for posting a photo, I guess I better start saving up!

Is it worth $3200? People pay that and more for them often. I have personally put about 500 rounds through mine with no issues or Jams. It tears down fast and easy. I always get tons of questions, looks and pictures when I take it to the range...

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_13_e4a8ajev.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Top Bottom