It starts today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you! I want you to succeed so I recommend you read "Atomic Habits" it outlines how motivation is so fleeting as to be essentially worthless, even discipline is much weaker than we think.

So how do you succeed in your plans? You create habits that make it easier to do the thing you want than what you don't want to do.

Also, treat eating issues like a drug addiction. So "people, places, and things". If every time you go to a sporting event you pig out on stadium food then you stop going. If driving home from work takes you by your favorite all-you-can-eat buffet then you need a new route home. It sounds extreme but so is dying young from a preventable condition.

Good luck, you've got this!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing that helped a couple years ago when I lost 50, when I'd get the hunger pangs, warm water would help sooth my belly

I never did warm water...but bottled water worked for me. I also have a favorite, spicy tea that tastes a bit sweet naturally. Still no calories. Black coffee worked, too, for me. You might give some of those a try.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never did warm water...but bottled water worked for me. I also have a favorite, spicy tea that tastes a bit sweet naturally. Still no calories. Black coffee worked, too, for me. You might give some of those a try.

Hell as cops, you and I have both drank 3 day old black coffee. At one agency I worked at, the coffee pot never got turned off. If it got a little low, someone would just make some more in the same pot on top of the other instead of emptying the pot and rinsing it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom