Jackass neighbors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have access to property in a couple of places in Oklahoma but for certain reasons, we choose to live in Edmond.

We live in a pretty nice neighborhood and everyone is nice for the most part. A house behind ours was recently finished and sold to a retired firefighter from California. At first, we was nice enough, but he has become the neighborhood gossip hound. I swear he is worse than southern ladies during the 60's.

Anyway, keep in mind his house is behind ours. BEHIND. we have a nice large front hard with a retaining wall that rises 8 feet. This weekend, we pulled the crossbow out to get it tuned up and sighted in for the heck of it and were minding our own business having fun shooting at one of those indestructible foam block targets. Never once did a bolt leave our yard (actually they never left the target). Up rolls jackass firedouche (he drives everywhere, even in the neighborhood) and says "don't let those end up in my yard. My neighbor to the east was shooting his bow in his front yard and I didn't like it. You saw what happened to him." (He is referring to the neighbor selling his house).

I took a moment, told the kids to keep shooting and walked up to the top of my driveway where he was, leaned on the door of his car and looked him right in the eye and said "That there sounds like a threat - We don't take kindly to threats in these parts. Now, I know you're not from here so I'm gonna assume you didn't mean to threaten me, did ya little fella?" - his smile melted away when I called him "little fella" I stepped back and he gave me a go to hell look and drove on.

Seems like we have one brush with him every year. Last year it was over a basketball that rolled into "his" creek - so he kept it. Our property line is actually way beyond the creek, but we've given easement since it's drainage for the neighborhood. Funny how he's taken ownership. It's not worth having the property lines demarcated over his douchebaggery, but it will have to happen when it's time to sell, I am sure.

One more year, the wife graduates from UCO and we are outta here. I'm so ready to not have neighbors again.

Rant off.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day I was out mowing, before I moved to the hood...long story.

All of a sudden an arrow hit right in front of me...what the ?????
I looked up , seen one head , two heads , three , four over the 6' fence>

I said what the you kids doing , dont you know were under attack by Indians , run for your lives

They started cracking up, I ask ..You need some help keeping those arrows below the fence line.

They said ...Sure , I spent the rest of the after noon shootin arrows... ;)

Had to mow after dark ...Oh well.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feel better? :)
I'm sure he was a badass where came from and tough tone threats would get his way. Be different if things were constantly in his yard, he could come talk to you about it. Guess he's never heard of being neighborly.

DNO

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Feel better? maybe.

Just can't stand people like that. Heck, we were shooting AWAY from his house!!!!! on the other side of MY house. We couldn't even SEE his home from where we were!

I guess he's just moody. I hear menopause can do that to a guy. :hot:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did what anybody would of done. Me anyways. He sounds like the neighborhood dickhea d, we have one right across the street from us who scowls at us because he's old and we've got a teen and a young adult with lots of friends coming and going all the time being loud, etc- we just scowl back. My daughter practiced her archery for the school team in our football field sized backyard where we have it completely surrounded by privacy fence but she could have practiced in the front yard if she wanted as we have cool neighbors on the sides of us.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an old guy from New Hampshire that moved next door to is when I was 13 or so.

Some friends and I were thrown a football in the front yard and landed in his yard. He came out and told us if we go on his yard again to get it he was going to shoot us. That was the first of many arguments between my parents and him.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an old guy from New Hampshire that moved next door to is when I was 13 or so.

Some friends and I were thrown a football in the front yard and landed in his yard. He came out and told us if we go on his yard again to get it he was going to shoot us. That was the first of many arguments between my parents and him.
Did he ever shoot anybody?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.ffffound.com_static_data_assets_6_0e1f1fb5c47a18c363c6c460e00f36224369afe8_m.jpg
+
horticulturetalk.files.wordpress.com_2010_07_scotts_roundup_gc.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom