Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I usually know my aircraft and can ID them pretty easily. This one gave me some problems.

1654577408364.png

Is it a fighter? A bomber? a single seater? WWII or later?
Hint, It is a US Marine aircraft.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I usually know my aircraft and can ID them pretty easily. This one gave me some problems.

View attachment 278181
Is it a fighter? A bomber? a single seater? WWII or later?
Hint, It is a US Marine aircraft.
Looks like a Grumman F7F Tigercat. It was a fighter, introduced near the end of WWII, but didn't see action until Korea.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a Grumman F7F Tigercat. It was a fighter, introduced near the end of WWII, but didn't see action until Korea.
I always liked the F-8 Bearcat, if I was filthy rich, I'd have one. Not many were built do to the end of the war soon after their production so I bet it would be a bit of luck to even find one "for sale".

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first I thought an A-26, but canopy isn’t the same.

View attachment 280206
I've seen B-26 (Invader's) used as chemical droppers in California wild fires, I had a fire come within 1/2 a mile from my place (near Placerville) there was two of them dropping stuff and got it out at the 1/2 mile mark. they must have only been a couple hundred feet over my place the half a dozen times they flew by, I could see the pilots faces so I threw them a salute and they gave me one back, that was pretty cool.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always liked the F-8 Bearcat, if I was filthy rich, I'd have one. Not many were built do to the end of the war soon after their production so I bet it would be a bit of luck to even find one "for sale".
Grumman and their CAT names. Wildcat, Hellcat, Tigercat, Bearcat, Tomcat. What is next, Pussycat?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ibetcha this guy is makin bank.

He's over the John Deere Classic PGA tourney in East Moline Ill. Looks like a plane that tows a banner. He's only doing 70 MPH.

1656882394581.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom