Just some "peaceful" protesters expressing their anger....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
..sigh....:angry3:

Here's a productive member of society, great mug shot too, doesn't look too upset.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois...xplosives-at-minneapolis-george-floyd-protest

This is one I was just reading... is something like this, actively inciting rioting, lawlessness and attempted murder, something we are willing to put up with in America?

Coupla hundred years ago, this guy would have been summarily strung up or shot - execution for sedition. Seems like the lawless, the disorderly and those inciting violence and destruction don't really have any fear of consequences these days. Maybe we need to revisit some things and see if there is a better deterrent to these folks?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are people being gassed and peppered (in general) because they are rioting or looting? or really just standing there minding their own business?
Reporter complying with officer's commands, lying on the ground and identifying himself as a member of the press with hands up. Casually pepper sprayed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gu7v51/alternate_angle_of_vice_news_reporter/

Kneeling photographer pushed into fire:
https://www.reddit.com/r/2020Police...er_officer_pushed_a_photographer_into_a_fire/

Protester kneeling with his hands up, pepper sprayed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...ed_kneeling_protestors_get_maced_in_the_face/

That's just a few of the many videos posted on Reddit. Like it or not, Reddit is a viable source of information because people are able to post things (mostly) without censorship. It's not filtered through a mainstream media lens.

Again, yes, there are definitely a lot of people out there that are taking advantage of the situation and turning it into riots and looting and there are a ton of videos of that all over Reddit as well. But, seriously, is it even remotely acceptable to be pepper sprayed or thrown into a fire when you are peacefully protesting and showing no signs whatsoever of aggressive behavior? The police are supposed to uphold the law, not break it. They are supposed to be trained to handle stressful situations, not just randomly attack the people they swore to protect because they are in a stressful situation.

I am not against the police at all, but I am against an abuse of authority.

Here in Tulsa.... the Greenwood Protest was peaceful... no gas or pepper that I saw. They branched off from there though, and blocked I244 harassed some poor dude pulling a trailer and eventually tried to tear up Brookside. Last night, 71st and memorial/Woodland hills mall area. They got gassed... and peppered..... they deserved it as they had already broken out windows and were trying to loot some businesses. DO NOT CARE if they got gassed.....they were destroying property.

I saw that video as well, and I agree, those people attacking that person should have been gassed (although, I do question his choice to drive down that interstate to begin with. But, I do know that interstates have limited exits and he may have gotten caught up in something he didn't know was happening).

I don't think they NEVER overstep their bounds, I think the instances are uncommon though. Whereas the rioting and property damage is not.

The overstepping is obviously happening enough to make it a countrywide (h8ll, worldwide) issue currently. How often does it have to happen before it becomes a problem? 1? 100? 1000? Personally I think even one incident of a police officer using excessive force (verified, not just "owwie, he hurt me, I'm gonna sue") is too much. And the rioting and property damage didn't start until the excessive force started.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reporter complying with officer's commands, lying on the ground and identifying himself as a member of the press with hands up. Casually pepper sprayed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gu7v51/alternate_angle_of_vice_news_reporter/

Kneeling photographer pushed into fire:
https://www.reddit.com/r/2020Police...er_officer_pushed_a_photographer_into_a_fire/

Protester kneeling with his hands up, pepper sprayed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...ed_kneeling_protestors_get_maced_in_the_face/

That's just a few of the many videos posted on Reddit. Like it or not, Reddit is a viable source of information because people are able to post things (mostly) without censorship. It's not filtered through a mainstream media lens.

Again, yes, there are definitely a lot of people out there that are taking advantage of the situation and turning it into riots and looting and there are a ton of videos of that all over Reddit as well. But, seriously, is it even remotely acceptable to be pepper sprayed or thrown into a fire when you are peacefully protesting and showing no signs whatsoever of aggressive behavior? The police are supposed to uphold the law, not break it. They are supposed to be trained to handle stressful situations, not just randomly attack the people they swore to protect because they are in a stressful situation.

I am not against the police at all, but I am against an abuse of authority.

I saw that video as well, and I agree, those people attacking that person should have been gassed (although, I do question his choice to drive down that interstate to begin with. But, I do know that interstates have limited exits and he may have gotten caught up in something he didn't know was happening).

The overstepping is obviously happening enough to make it a countrywide (h8ll, worldwide) issue currently. How often does it have to happen before it becomes a problem? 1? 100? 1000? Personally I think even one incident of a police officer using excessive force (verified, not just "owwie, he hurt me, I'm gonna sue") is too much. And the rioting and property damage didn't start until the excessive force started.

LOL, I'm glad you qualified the Reddit censorship thing! I've been censored on there multiple times, even though I (mostly) didn't violate Reddit rules or individual sub rules (though I did occasionally violate a particular sub rule or two). It's usually not too bad is you avoid r/politics or r/news, which are the Stage IV rectal cancer of Reddit.

As far as the horse trailer guy, he was beyond the hastily set up roadblock before he could detour if I heard correctly. Based on what I saw and what was posted on r/tulsa by protesters who were on the bridge, I can't say I'd do anything different than what he did. Sorry, but my family's life comes first!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I'm glad you qualified the Reddit censorship thing! I've been censored on there multiple times, even though I (mostly) didn't violate Reddit rules or individual sub rules (though I did occasionally violate a particular sub rule or two). It's usually not too bad is you avoid r/politics or r/news, which are the Stage IV rectal cancer of Reddit.

As far as the horse trailer guy, he was beyond the hastily set up roadblock before he could detour if I heard correctly. Based on what I saw and what was posted on r/tulsa by protesters who were on the bridge, I can't say I'd do anything different than what he did. Sorry, but my family's life comes first!

Yeah, I'm not an idiot, and I know that the whole site has a mostly liberal lean to it, but sometimes you can see stuff BEFORE it gets booted. :-)

And I agree, if I were in the horse trailer guy's shoes, I would have done the same thing (although, I wouldn't have thrown my gun on the dash because that would make it harder for me to reach).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not an idiot, and I know that the whole site has a mostly liberal lean to it, but sometimes you can see stuff BEFORE it gets booted. :-)

And I agree, if I were in the horse trailer guy's shoes, I would have done the same thing (although, I wouldn't have thrown my gun on the dash because that would make it harder for me to reach).

Yeah, the better tactic is to have it at the low ready, below the sightline of the threat!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

100%

You know, it's difficult for some people to believe that one can both agree with civil assembly protesting a widespread social justice issue, but also agree with that dude GTFO there when some of those idiots on the highway wouldn't let him get out of their way when he ended up trapped.

It's almost like it's complex social matter where each unique scenario requires thinking and a nuanced answer. But too many people on both sides just want their side to be "right."

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHEN....When...are the American citizens ...going to say...enough. Whena are decent people going to say, this has to end.

Cowards and fools run the govenment ...Started in democrat shitholes, now spreading across country...like a plague of loucest

The new law of thugdom and acting out every day,...lifes ruined, business gone...

For What ?

This is going to get out of hand...watch the electric grid get hit and holy hell comes to town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom