Swampratt - You are becoming Facebook famous!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The company that grinds my camshafts called me yesterday about the picture on facebook he was shown by his wife.
One of his customers from a machine shop called him about it.
My neighbor behind me sent my wife a text about it and a buddy from Moore called me up as his wife seen it. Next door neighbor came and showed me the picture on his phone.
His wife showed him.. I see a trend with wife's.

Andrei from ABEL racing posted about it (MoBoost) and said if he gets enough likes he will post a picture of it pulling a Semi truck.

Yea I did that when my sons 2016 Freightliner Cascadia broke down.
1691066412105.png

A bit heavy but rolls well once you get it going. Glad I didn't have to stop it.
Made me wish I had my lower gears at the time, those 2.75 gears are not for heavy pulling.

:)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The company that grinds my camshafts called me yesterday about the picture on facebook he was shown by his wife.
One of his customers from a machine shop called him about it.
My neighbor behind me sent my wife a text about it and a buddy from Moore called me up as his wife seen it. Next door neighbor came and showed me the picture on his phone.
His wife showed him.. I see a trend with wife's.

Andrei from ABEL racing posted about it (MoBoost) and said if he gets enough likes he will post a picture of it pulling a Semi truck.

Yea I did that when my sons 2016 Freightliner Cascadia broke down.
View attachment 398543

A bit heavy but rolls well once you get it going. Glad I didn't have to stop it.
Made me wish I had my lower gears at the time, those 2.75 gears are not for heavy pulling.

:)

Went to school with a guy that had a '69 Vette with a 396. His Dad bought it for his birthday. Dad had 2.14 rearend installed. Wasn't much off the line, but top end was unobtanium. 55 mph, in 4th, was barely 1000 RPM. Around town, the 4 speed rarely seen 3rd. Plugs were quickly fouled.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to school with a guy that had a '69 Vette with a 396. His Dad bought it for his birthday. Dad had 2.14 rearend installed. Wasn't much off the line, but top end was unobtanium. 55 mph, in 4th, was barely 1000 RPM. Around town, the 4 speed rarely seen 3rd. Plugs were quickly fouled.
I stuck 2.29 gears in my Nova years ago and 1st gear would go 95MPH at 6900 rpm and get a second gear scratch with the TH350 and 350" small block.
I bet that 396" would be a hoot with highway gears.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stuck 2.29 gears in my Nova years ago and 1st gear would go 95MPH at 6900 rpm and get a second gear scratch with the TH350 and 350" small block.
I bet that 396" would be a hoot with highway gears.
It was pretty much highway only. Around town, high rpm trying to get it moving, it would overheat within 4 blocks.

Other extreme, a buddy bought a new '78 Chevy pickup, came with factory 5.18s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom