1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Keltec KSG shotgun available?

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by jsl_pt, Dec 18, 2011.

1. jsl_pt

jsl_pt Sharpshooter Member

Anyone around here heard of any recent news on this release date? I just recently leaned about this upcoming release and am anxious for it to be released. I have read at most of keltec forums and on keltec's web page. It was originally announced last January at shotshow, with release date in 2nd half of 2011. Web page now says will be out by year's end after they had to fine tune some things on initial production model. And keltec forums recently have a supposed source that reports initial batches are now being shipped but no official word. Can't find anywhere in stock and official website still says by year's end which is getting really close.

Just wondering if anyone locally has heard anything else. I would like to get my hands on one. Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything about this?!?

2. SoonerStatePawn

SoonerStatePawn Sharpshooter Member

I wouldn't count on seeing these at any retailers for a couple years at the very least. Kel-tec is very innovative and make some very unique and cool firearms, but their production is HORRIBLE. The PMR30 is the perfect example, awesome gun, three or four recalls, and it's damn near impossible to find one for sale.

3. jakerz

jakerz Sharpshooter Member

Same with the Keltec RFB.

4. jsl_pt

jsl_pt Sharpshooter Member

thanks for the replies guys, I was getting my hopes up for this gun, but it looks like they famously continually delay launches.

5. mugsy

mugsy Sharpshooter Member

KelTec isn't really so bad but it probably is instructive to remember that most of the company's money comes from contracts that they have with NASA - the gun manufacturing business is definitely a sideline in terms of income. As I understand it - the gun side is more a labor of love, so to speak, but the NASA part is the real bread-and-butter.

6. mr ed

mr ed Sharpshooter Member

figure 2-3 years. they will have to fill all the pre-orders first. then the distributors, who will only sell them to their best customers first. then once demand slows you will finally see them show up on store shelves.
    no different than other companies.

7. spamby

spamby Sharpshooter Member

I really would like to own one. Thats a nice set up on the shotguns.

8. daugbl5

daugbl5 Sharpshooter Member

I am right there with you. I have anticipated the release of this shotgun for sometime!!

9. Jam Master Jay

Jam Master Jay Sharpshooter Member

Evidently there is an FFL or two local that have them reserved. My best buddy has one reserved with an FFL friend of his. He can afford to pay over the MSRP for it. No word on when it will be available, though.

There is an ad for them in the latest American Rifleman, though, which would lead me to believe they'll be on sale soon.

10. Dr_Mitch

Dr_Mitch Sharpshooter Member

That ad is ridiculous. It looks like CheaperThanDirt came to life.