Largest Wind Farm Built At Once In North America Now Running In Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entire landscape heading south to davis and ardmore from ada has changed.

While I get the whole renewable energy thing, IMO these are a eye sore to behold.

No kidding. I remember once going to the top of Mt. Scott (at Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge) probably 20 years ago, and admiring the vast panorama. I went back for the first time a few years ago, and when I got up there and looked north…

”WTH!”

A huge line of wind turbines stretching east-west. What an ugly sight.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding. I remember once going to the top of Mt. Scott (at Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge) probably 20 years ago, and admiring the vast panorama. I went back for the first time a few years ago, and when I got up there and looked north…

”WTH!”

A huge line of wind turbines stretching east-west. What an ugly sight.

They have absolutely ruined the OK skyline and if I live to 164yo I will NEVER forgive these bastards for doing it.

I recently spent 3-4 days down in the TX hill country near Llano. No turbines down there. I asked and one of the locals said, “ yeah, no, they can’t build down here. We won’t let them. The skyline is all we have”. So, they’ve come to OK and jacked up the Arbuckle & Wichita mountains. Rotten sonsabitches.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched a special about wind turbines on Fox Nation; they cause a lot of negative impact to the environment that you don't hear about.
It's all about the money for the rich few. Environment and quality of life for rural folks be damned.

Two kinds of people support wind:

1) those that will make money from it
2) those that don’t understand it

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what makes Wind turbines not green?

I know solar panels made from pure silica which takes a crap ton of energy to refine for panels etc. So what is it with turbines? Cost to manufacture, maint cost? or something else?

Latest posts

Top Bottom