Lexington WMA - Wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HEY!! go on monday ..that is when the local ranger is there cleaning it up.
He told me every monday he cleans it all up that is part of his job..SUCKY JOB!
So all that trash is deposited in 1 week.
He picks up a bunch and sometimes piles it up in the middle and burns it..

I am in on a clean up..or maybe if you feel like shooting there take 3 lawn and leaf bags and fill them up.

johnharms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
HEY!! go on monday ..that is when the local ranger is there cleaning it up.
He told me every monday he cleans it all up that is part of his job..SUCKY JOB!
So all that trash is deposited in 1 week.
He picks up a bunch and sometimes piles it up in the middle and burns it..

I am in on a clean up..or maybe if you feel like shooting there take 3 lawn and leaf bags and fill them up.

That sounds like something I would do. I would want to plan something a few weeks out to allow others the opportunity to help.

We went out on Tuesday and there was nothing cleaned up. Maybe it wasn't cleaned because of snow on Monday, But from what I saw it had been awhile. I feel like we should do something, because if nobody does anything, it will be closed.

I agree that it should be coordinated with the park ranger, law enforcement :police2:or somebody to stop the morons from being stupid!!:homer: and we know they will show up!! During the morning hours on a weekday would be our best bet.

What I am thinking is that we all show up with 3-4 large trash bags, spend 30 min to an hour of picking up. And then we shoot at our "cleaner" range. :gun2:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like we should do something, because if nobody does anything, it will be closed.

I doubt it will be closed because of trash. Budget cuts maybe but not trash. I've been going to Lex to shoot for 20 years and it's always been a trash dump.

Good on you for trying to put something together. If even a handful of us show up, it'll make a dent for a little while.

Maybe we can get the WMA folks to drop a dumpster there if they know the manpower is coming free of charge!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NO..you can't put a trash can in out there or a dumpster even for overnight.
The folks that trash up an area like that more than likely have their yards just as trashy.

Then they see the cans or dumpsters and bring their home trash and next thing you know the place is littered with ammo
trash and overflowing cans of home trash....Seen it happen...
Just got to bag what is there and haul away..

But it would be a great idea in a perfect world..You just ain't thinkin' like white trash yet.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time I went out there was probably 35-40 years ago.
It was a trash dump back then.
Some folks just don't care what they do to others.
But it's stayed open all these years in spite of it.
I say good on anyone who wants to help.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a couple of ideas!

1) Adopt it, clean it up, and make it an OSA private range.
or
2) Close it on random weekends and whoever comes out to shoot gets trapped by LEO to spend the day cleaning instead. I'd love to see people's reactions to that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom