Lift gate truck and pallet jack/heavy duty dolly rental

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short I have been trying to save money to move a safe from OKC area to Tulsa area. I am exploring all options. From purchasing a new safe, to paying to get it moved and now looking into doing myself (well me and a coupld friends). It is about a 6ft x3ft Bear safe. I have talked with one of our members about pricing for Bear to move the safe. A rough estimate is $500 when you take into account that is about $250 +milage. Looking at different safes at different reailers (from Lowes to Atwoods to Sportswold still need to go to the store in Catoosa area) it will be about $900+tax. A new safe would have a easier for me to access lock system and fireproofing. I want to look at how much renting the equipment to do it myeslf would be. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me know when you find someone. I have to move a 2500 lbs mill and a 3000 lbs lathe in a few weeks. It's only about four miles, but I know it won't be cheap. We bought a new house!

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short I have been trying to save money to move a safe from OKC area to Tulsa area. I am exploring all options. From purchasing a new safe, to paying to get it moved and now looking into doing myself (well me and a coupld friends). It is about a 6ft x3ft Bear safe. I have talked with one of our members about pricing for Bear to move the safe. A rough estimate is $500 when you take into account that is about $250 +milage. Looking at different safes at different reailers (from Lowes to Atwoods to Sportswold still need to go to the store in Catoosa area) it will be about $900+tax. A new safe would have a easier for me to access lock system and fireproofing. I want to look at how much renting the equipment to do it myeslf would be. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Do you just want it delivered to your house or put inside the house as well?

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks

Do you know how much the safe weighs? Is it empty?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I moved mine I used some solid plastic dowels aobut 1.5" in diameter. If you have three of them about two feet long and keep pulling the last one out and putting in front. Takes a little finess but I am a cheap bastard and we didn't tear anything up.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been told 600-800ish lbs. yes it will be empty

That a not that heavy at all. It will lay in its back in a 1/2 ton truck and can be easily moved around with two decent sized guys and a good apliance dolly or even a two wheel dolly with good tires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom