Local gun shops who WON'T answer phones!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess you do it differently than my dealer. So it routinely takes you 45 minutes for a NICS check?

Man... make it tough to stay in business that way. Online checks have taken no time the last few times I've seen it done.

My online checks for the most part have been much quicker with the new system

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be strange, but I DO ask that question. The internet is a great resource and I can find out if Chevy builds there 5.3 ls engine in a certain Mexican plant that is known to have casting flaws in the heads that lead to cracks and water leaks into the crank case. I can also find out how good a part is I'm buying at Auto Zone buy the country of origin and who made it. For instance I need a tie rod right now for my 1976 Chevy K10, I can either get a Moog for 100$ or a House brand for 40-60$ Moog is known to be a reliable well made part. While house brands are hit and miss. If I call AutoZone, they will tell me no problem who makes the part I want and even if its US or Chinese.
Well at least you are consistent. Most people I hear that talk like this hold guns to a way high standard than other products they use on the daily. I think my cars quality is way more than a gun as I use it daily.

I respect that man.

Blackwing

New to the site!
Reaction score
If someone doesn’t care to disclose the technical details on a product or its sourcing you should be very afraid!

Wrong. I know of a specific case where a seller told a "unknown phone voice of self importance" exactly where they had something made. The "phone voice ass" then went directly to the source with a wad of cash and and a non-compete and cut the first guy out. I make parts for some of the top end builders in a certain class of firearms. They don't say where they get the parts and I don't end around them as they compete with each other. Giving out information that is not germane, just to make "phone voice" happy is a no-no if you want to stay in business. It's kind of like airplanes. If any of you have ever been on one, then I have tier 3/4 parts on it. My company is stamped on them no where and unless you get a court order you'll never hear it from A/A, Southwest, etc.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone doesn’t care to disclose the technical details on a product or its sourcing you should be very afraid!

Technical details are disclosed in the product description on the website. The OP wants to buy a barrel, but he demands to know the name of the manufacturer before he will make the purchase. For legal and business reasons we do not disclose that information.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. I know of a specific case where a seller told a "unknown phone voice of self importance" exactly where they had something made. The "phone voice ass" then went directly to the source with a wad of cash and and a non-compete and cut the first guy out. I make parts for some of the top end builders in a certain class of firearms. They don't say where they get the parts and I don't end around them as they compete with each other. Giving out information that is not germane, just to make "phone voice" happy is a no-no if you want to stay in business. It's kind of like airplanes. If any of you have ever been on one, then I have tier 3/4 parts on it. My company is stamped on them no where and unless you get a court order you'll never hear it from A/A, Southwest, etc.
Good reply and good info! Makes sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom