Looks like BoomerShooter is gone forever....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's an unspoken (but not silent) contingent around here that wants this to be one of those 1900s-era Gentlemen's Clubs. Only the best of the old money need apply!

None of those young whippersnappers born in the 80s or *gasp* even later!

Some of OSA just wants to sit down with a cigar, a cognac, a newspaper, and mumble "quite right old chap".
View attachment 251228
(end jesting satire)

Edit: I went on a little tangent with my Google and i found a picture of the next EnS if certain folks got to host:
View attachment 251231

well, if there ain't gonna' be no cold beer ... count me out!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's an unspoken (but not silent) contingent around here that wants this to be one of those 1900s-era Gentlemen's Clubs. Only the best of the old money need apply!

None of those young whippersnappers born in the 80s or *gasp* even later!

Some of OSA just wants to sit down with a cigar, a cognac, a newspaper, and mumble "quite right old chap".
View attachment 251228
(end jesting satire)

Edit: I went on a little tangent with my Google and i found a picture of the next EnS if certain folks got to host:
View attachment 251231
Won't see me in that crowd, but there is that contingent at every gun club.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought all us rednecks shot in our backyard and garages.
I shoot in my backyard occasionally when working up a load into a berm or killing an armadillo. Biatch from hell neighbor called the sheriff right after she moved there. She is informed there is nothing she can do to stop it as I'm shooting into a proper backstop and the berm faces the opposite direction from her home so there is no safety issue involved.
Right after she called them and they talked to me, I went real close to her home on our property and burned up a case of clays so she got full effect of how bad it could really be. Deputy was called again but he just pulled up to the top of the hill on our driveway, watched us for a bit and left.
No complaints since.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just clicked on my "Boomer Shooter" bookmark and it took me directly to the "1911 Fanatics" forum and I figured for the heck of it I'd go ahead and register since I'm pretty fond of 1911's (<,------big understatement), when I tried to set up a new account it told me that I already had one, which was news to me, so I logged in under the same screen name that I use here and ask to be sent a new password because I didn't have a clue of what my old one was and once it was sent I was able to login.......so it looks like all the "Boomer Shooter" member info was transferred to the "1911 Fanatics" forum and apparently I had been a member of B.S. since back in Jan. 2020 with grand total of just three posts.

From looking the '1911 Fanatics' forum it gets nowhere even close to the traffic that OSA does but I went ahead and made a post in '1911 Talk'.......I figure if it's a gun related forum and has some decent members it might end up being worth taking a look at once in awhile, we'll see.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know what ever happened to Accurate Iron aka Mike C? He was big on the BS page and running matches in OKC. He did a bunch of work for me back in 2009 and a few years after then slowly started to stop replying to emails, calls, and texts. I know he got into the shotgun work big then the last I saw he was building them and using a reseller. Then he just disappeared. Was a good guy and did great work for me, but towards the end kinda changed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom