Mayberry, America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father was blessed enough to grow up in a town like Mayberry. Black Mountain, North Carolina. Beautiful place, wonderful people and lotsa woods. After chores, Dad would go hunting, fishing and hiking up Mount Mitchell. Google it. To me it's the best place on earth.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live here now. Wilson is a small town, no traffic light, one horse town. My kids did well in school and sports. I have a lil spread out of town, big pond in my front yard. After being raised an Air Force brat in big cities all over the country, I wouldn't trade this for anything! I'll die here.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in a "Mayberry". But, the Wal-Marts of the world, the farm crash of the 80's, and dope messed it up. Now we have the current mess. The drought. A vacum of leadership. Don't see it coming back in my lifetime.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, no! I went to school in a small town that was a lot like Mayberry back in the 50's & 60's - kinda like an episode from The Twilight Zone. Looks good from the outside, but once you enter the zone it becomes obvious that the joke's on you! Everybody is white, protestant, sober (except for Otis), healthy, middle class, church-going, and conditioned to fit into the homogenous society. Anyone who doesn't fit the mold is tooked upon as a curiosity or demonized. Piss on a bunch of stiff-necked peckerwood town boys - I grew up in the country and still live outside of town far enough to be who I wanna be. A country boy can survive!

:drunk2:

Cedar Creek

pittscc

New to the site!
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade this for anything! I'll die here.

Amen sir! I've lived and worked in such fun locales as Chicago and DC and hated every minute of it. It paid the bills, but that was about it. When we finally got to a point where we could plant permanent roots our criteria list looked a lot like this. It's 45 minutes to Wal-mart and an hour and a half to Church, but I would not trade it for anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom