Mayberry, America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in a small town just like Mayberry. Third house down was next an 80 acre corn field. Shot pigeons uptown at the grain elevator and in the lumberyard with a pellet gun at the request of the owners. Walked through town with a .22 or shotgun to rabbit hunt just outside of town. Ate lunch most days in the local bar & grill sittin along side of the town drunk. Glad I don't live there anymore because it was in the communist state of Illinois. Was fun growin up there until I had to get a Firearm owners identification card just to buy a box of .22 shells. That's when I decided to get out. I was only 14 or 15 at the time.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in the hustle and bustle of Northern VA, watching Mayberry on TV. I spent years living the city life, and ended up out here while in the service. I moved back to VA for a few years and longed to get away from there. So here I am again. I'm not quite in Mayberry, but I'm outside of the City limits. Absolutely would love to have the Mayberry experience.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to get away. I looked at buying a ranch (house with a lot of land), but Mrs. Books wasn't in favor of it. I even offered to buy a couple of those God--awful expensive, highly trained German Sheppards that cost as much as a Mercedes, and she still said no.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to get away. I looked at buying a ranch (house with a lot of land), but Mrs. Books wasn't in favor of it. I even offered to buy a couple of those God--awful expensive, highly trained German Sheppards that cost as much as a Mercedes, and she still said no.

Some people gotta be city folks.
AKA both of my kids, sister, etc.

Thank God, my wife thinks like I do. No neighbors, no traffic noise, critters in the yard daily, life is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom