Meat grinders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the $100 models, and it has worked like a champ. Its slow, and you have to cut the meat in smaller chunks for feeding in the throat. I've ran a couple dozen deer through mine. The blades get dull, and you do have to replace them on occasion. I'm fortunate that we have a honing machine at work that will resharpen mine.
If you can afford it the LEM is the way to go.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get the hand grinders. It is junk and sucks. Get the electric grinder. If you can afford the LEM, get it and you won't be disappointing on those LEM meat grinder. I bought the model .35 hp from Bass Pro online a couple years ago when they had 6 month payments and LEM .35 hp was on sale like $50 dollars off. It was great affordable monthly payment with no interest for 6 months! It is worth and I loved it! It grinded super fast!

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also bought the #8 LEM this year. Used it on a 86# doe my 10 yr old nephew shot a couple weeks ago. I am very happy with it. Worked like a champ. I have used both the hand grinders and the el cheapo electric grinders and they don't even compare. It is a lil pricey, but worth it considering how much processing costs.

Tacticalii

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Broke down and bought the LEM #8 at Bass Pro tonight. They had it on sale for $279. The #5 was $269 so easy decision to spend $10 more. Hoping to take something this weekend so I can try it out.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cabelas has there grinders on sale, the 1 hp runs $440, sounds like a lot but I split the cost with my pop and a couple of huntin buddies and now we've got a grinder that does 12#'s a minute. I found the videos on youtube to be really helpful when it came to butchering. I'm also a big fan of the foodsaver vacuum sytems.

Bobber Down

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Broke down and bought the LEM #8 at Bass Pro tonight. They had it on sale for $279. The #5 was $269 so easy decision to spend $10 more. Hoping to take something this weekend so I can try it out.

You will not regret your purchase I have had the #8 Lem for about 4 years,works fantastic.Just ground up 25 lbs of doe meat last night I run it thru the big plate first and then again thru the small plate and it makes wonderful burger meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom