Meat grinders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacticalii

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying to butcher one of my deer this year myself. I don't have a ton of money to spend on a grinder and am open to suggestions. Anyone have experience with hand grinders? Do they work well for venison, or do I really need an electric grinder? Thanks guys.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the electric one from Harbor Freight last year to make all of my sausage. Ground up about 30 pounds of it without a problem. It's not the fastest electric out there but it definitely does a good job.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the cheap one from bass pro and it works great for what it is. It isn't the fastest, but if you are only doing one or 2 deer at a time it is great for the money. $100 or so.

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'll tell you. I used a cheap one for years. But this year I picked up a #8 LEM and it works awesome. Grinds it faster than I can feed it. It is the .35 model. You can get one at Academy for $280 I believe. It will be one of the best investments you make for hunting.

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Thunderbird meat grinder and it has been a good one. Might mention that for deer burger, I have had the best results with the grinding plate that has the smallest holes. I'm not sure, but I believe it is 1/8". A toothpick fits the holes perfectly for cleaning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom