Moonshine!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, bulboy!! I like the tile on your backspash!! :)

Any of you guys have a good recipe for some lemonade tasting shine?? I've got a hankering ... All the stuff I'm finding is for martinis, which is fine, but I'd like to find something that mixes up a good bit and sits like this apple pie stuff.

Of course, since I'm living right around the corner from a master beer-brewer, I'm not really in a hurry ... :wink2: Just looking for something that is a change of pace ... Summer is coming!! :)

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how long it had been sitting at the distributor, but I bought a jar of the o'l smokey apple pie shine last year and it had a use by date about 6 months after the date I purchased it.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cracked one open. It smells exactly like apple pie and tastes like it with a hint of alcohol

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa434_bulbboy_1C3863C3_692A_460C_49386695c662691b134ffb728ac7af2d.jpg

ArmyOfJuan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a former science teacher (biology, zoology, and botany), we often distilled corn to make ethanol. It really made for a great lab. If you don't know ethanol is what gets you drunk while not poisoning you. If you've ever heard the old stories about moonshine making people go blind, that was from Methanol which actually distills first when making ethanol. Ethanol is the chief ingredient in most all drinking alcohols. It is also what is obviously used as a poor gas additive. In school we made it to demonstrate how stupid it was to make ethanol just to burn it up (it takes WAAAYYY more energy to make ethanol than it gives off when burned).

Funny thing was, the kids NEVER caught on as to what we were doing. I even had a kid one year ask how moonshine was made. I answered him, vaguely, but even he didn't put it all together in the lab.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hypothetically speaking: if you knew somebody who made some moonshine, what proof would you tell them to cut it down to? say they told you it came out from 155-100. i see that most stuff in the store is at or below 100.

i dont drink so this stuff is all foreign to me. how does proof work? could you drink less of the 155 and get drunker? say it takes 5 shots of 100 proof; would it only take 3 of 155 to get the same result?

Latest posts

Top Bottom