Morels 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only mushrooms I can find.
:-(

Attachments

• 20240322_103148.jpg
    20240322_103148.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240322_103103.jpg
    20240322_103103.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked our first ones here at the OKC place. I can count on one particular spot on the 7 acres to have a few every year. What blows me away I have never seen a single one in our Okfuskee 80 acre property. I guess I dont know their preferred habitat. Tons of down trees. Creek bottom land. I would have guessed they’d be everywhere

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked our first ones here at the OKC place. I can count on one particular spot on the 7 acres to have a few every year. What blows me away I have never seen a single one in our Okfuskee 80 acre property. I guess I dont know their preferred habitat. Tons of down trees. Creek bottom land. I would have guessed they’d be everywhere
Strange shrooms for sure. Seems like they have spots they like to grow and nowhere else.
We have lived in our country home for 35 years. There are morels just north of us on the neighbors property, but never any on ours until about 5 years ago. 20 some popped up in the side yard that's an acre in one area. I carefully trimmed them off leaving the base, rinsed them in a bucket of water to release any spores, redistributed the water into the same area and have never seen another one. Neighbor still has them though. Gotta be a reason they only grow in one area and not another.

Latest posts

Top Bottom