MWC man shoots a guy in his house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since when did we give up the right to defend our property?

I don't think folks are suggesting we give up the right, but having the right to use deadly force doesn't always make it the right thing to do.

Making a tactical decision to interrupt a home invasion in progress when nothing else is on the line except property is not a smart move....your life is not in danger in the driveway, but it most certainly is when you decide to enter the home, armed with nothing but a pistol, and face an unknown number of assailants.

If I knew my teenage kids were at home, I might not be able to restrain myself...but if my wife and I pull up to an otherwise emtpy house and see something fishy, I don't need to prove my manhood by charging inside. The guy in the original story is lucky there was only one crook with a knife.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think folks are suggesting we give up the right, but having the right to use deadly force doesn't always make it the right thing to do.

Making a tactical decision to interrupt a home invasion in progress when nothing else is on the line except property is not a smart move....your life is not in danger in the driveway, but it most certainly is when you decide to enter the home and face an unknown number of assailants armed with nothing but a pistol.

If I knew my teenage kids were at home, I might not be able to restrain myself...but if my wife and I pull up to an otherwise emtpy house and see something fishy, I don't need to prove my manhood by charging inside. The guy in the original story is lucky there was only one crook with a knife.

Exactly how I feel.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Making a tactical decision to interrupt a home invasion in progress when nothing else is on the line except property is not a smart move....your life is not in danger in the driveway, but it most certainly is when you decide to enter the home and face an unknown number of assailants armed with nothing but a pistol.

The voice of reason ... :teach:

(I don't need to prove my manhood either! :rotflmao:)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Graphics_HotTopic.gif

Yeah - newok disabled comments on the news report. Might be interesting to see what the general public thought. Too bad a new organization doesn't want anyone else to know what their readers thought.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's easy to second guess the guy, and talk about how nothing is worth killing over, but for all the what-ifs we're throwing out, I don't really see anybody asking "What if the intruder had picked up a rifle in the guys bedroom and shot through the window and killed him and his wife while they sat in the car and called 911?" or "What if he had stolen firearms from the home and committed other crimes with them?" And really, I don't want to get into the what if game. My point is, there are alot of different outcomes that could happen, you never know, and to rail on a guy about how he successfully defended his home, just doesn't seem right unless you were there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's easy to second guess the guy, and talk about how nothing is worth killing over, but for all the what-ifs we're throwing out, I don't really see anybody asking "What if the intruder had picked up a rifle in the guys bedroom and shot through the window and killed him and his wife while they sat in the car and called 911?" or "What if he had stolen firearms from the home and committed other crimes with them?" And really, I don't want to get into the what if game. My point is, there are alot of different outcomes that could happen, you never know, and to rail on a guy about how he successfully defended his home, just doesn't seem right unless you were there.

We're (well some of us are) discussing the tactics of the decision to enter the home, not personally bashing the homeowner. It's called a case study...we can learn from it.

None of the scenarios you mention are justification for me to enter a home, alone with only a pistol (and leave my wife alone in the driveway), against an unknown number of assailants, armed with who know's what....It's poor tactics no matter how you paint it.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't listen to this advice. It is incorrect.

You guys feel free to do as you please when it comes to shooting people in your house. I have been following SD and Hd shootings for a few yrs now in many different states . A jury is a jury and a DA is a DA. I know there is a lot of sage advice on what is a good shoot and what isnt, but in reality when you make a call on pulling the trigger keep in mind they do all the proving at the courthouse at a later date.

I am willing to bet that there is not a criminal defense lawyer on this board that will give any input into a scenario being a good shoot or not. Lawyers have never guaranteed me anything when it came to a trial.

The bottom line is your life had better be in iminent danger when you shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom