My thoughts on Sooner State Pawn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've purchased two pistols from them and took my FIL there to buy his. They have the best prices I can find and it's always a pleasure dealing with the staff. I use the Davidson's gun genie, frequently, to check their prices when I'm doing pricing research and typically use that as a baseline for my shopping.

When someone asks me where to buy a firearm I recommend Sooner State Pawn first. Not that I eschew the other business's in town, I just check/recommend them first.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooner State Pawn is down the street from my house (a couple of miles actually) and I'm afraid to go in there. I may try to sell things to buy some guns I don't really need but want. :(

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a lower in there the other day. Nice people, hassle-free transfer.

Just one thing.

There was a man in there looking for a .22 pistol, and when he told the young lady behind the counter what he was looking for, she said, "Why?" with a tone of "Why would anyone own such a thing?", you know what I mean? Guy says, "To shoot." She said, "Well duh, but why a little .22?" Maybe I'm reading into it too much but it didn't seem like she was too interested in selling this guy what he wanted. Not really a complaint, just an observation that struck me as odd. If it was me doing the selling and he said he wanted a .22, I would have went with, "Sure, let me show you what we have, do you have a model in mind, or just feeling it out?"

Don't get me wrong, I don't like being pushed into a sale, but it seemed as though she was actively trying to talk him out of it.

All in all, I was happy with the price and service.

In South OKC, you might just need something bigger than a .22LR :saywhat:

I went there Friday for the first time, and even bought the GSG 1911 22 pistol they had from a nice fellow named Darren. They had pretty good prices on new and used guns. I will definitely be back for more.

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not in OKC very often, but will be tomorrow and Tuesday. They are on my agenda to visit, even
though I'm supposed to be going to a conference. I see a long lunch in my immediate future!

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a new CZ pistol from SSP this weekend. I could not be happier with any part of the deal. I contacted Tommy via the PM system here and he set everything up. I'm a very happy camper. Sooner State rocks.

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I made it in early this morning and walked out as a proud new owner of a Mosin Nagant at a price cheaper than any pawn shop in Tulsa! I was very impressed with the folks there. Their inventory seemed to be lean, but I heard them tell someone on the phone they were expecting to expand their gun section. The posted prices on their guns were much more reasonable than what I've seen lately. I'm definitely a fan!

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can they order guns at a better price

Check out the gun genie on their website and compare for yourself. I believe they do a $10 firearm transfer if you buy something online from someone else. Some they beat, some they don't I've seen. But I haven't seen outrageous prices either online or in their shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom