Need a car...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol bro I didn't even catch that, that's funny I'm leaving it like that.

This one we're driving now is a 2019, last one we had was a 2017 & before that a 2014 Hyundai Elantra.

The Elantra developed piston slap at 120k before that no problems 2016 & up Elantra are fine apparently there was a lawsuit ect ect anyway

The 2017 accent was perfect, son totaled on one weekend coming home. Had 120k + on it @the time. Only issue ever was a driver's door master window/lock switch

The 2019 has nearly 80k on it now. I am religious with oil changes on these cars, buy filters buy the case and only use Pennzoil ultra platinum because these are gdi engines and oil selection is important to prevent buildup on the valves. No problems with engines, transmissions at all & when this one wears out I'll buy another unless I have Toyota money buy then, yes 1.6 engines
Those numbers are not high enough to consider “driving the wheels off of them”
To me a car is reliable when it’s an absolute expectation that they can get to 250k+ w normal maintenance.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those numbers are not high enough to consider “driving the wheels off of them”
To me a car is reliable when it’s an absolute expectation that they can get to 250k+ w normal maintenance.
I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything just reporting what I've experienced

Latest posts

Top Bottom