Need grass ideas and recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The weather this summer and losing a 40 yr old sycamore WREAKED HAVOC on my fescue eventhough I watered the you know what out of it. No shade and the desire for low cost/maintanence would make me choose bermuda.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I build houses and we always lay Bermuda sod everywhere except heavy shade areas get fescue. Bermuda will even live in partially shaded areas for a few years, and if trees grow and if it starts dying out, you can just put down some fescue seed in those areas, but it is hardy and it spreads like wildfire and probably 90% of the lawns you see in OK are Bermuda. Seeding Bermuda does not work very well for some reason, and if you don't want to spend the money to fully sod I would recommend a combination of sod and seeding.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live out in coweta and I have Bermuda. Grows great and I water it alot but none of my neighbors do and theres all look nice too.

There are some beatiful houses out there where your building. I'm jealous :crying:

Latest posts

Top Bottom