Needing a hunting rifle for my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this has been hashed over a few times but i just recently shot a mossberg 243 youth that my brother picked up for my nephew. this is the third mossberg ATR i have shot. 270,30-06 and the243 are straight up the most accurate,out of the box,budget guns i have fired.

Pics of cold bore 5 @ 100 or didn't happen ;)

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this has been hashed over a few times but i just recently shot a mossberg 243 youth that my brother picked up for my nephew. this is the third mossberg ATR i have shot. 270,30-06 and the243 are straight up the most accurate,out of the box,budget guns i have fired.

I have a 270 ATR that I have killed many deer with. It was only a few clicks off when I sighted it in when I first got it. Checked it again last year before the season and it was still dead on. I've been impressed with how good a rifle it is for the money. I've seriously thought about a youth Mossy for my son. Haven't done it yet but it's one I'm considering.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently my last response got zapped in the crash. My brother picked up a new Remmy 700 "sportsman" .243 Win with wood stock for $430 last weekend at BassPro.

srcooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my almost 8 yr old son a .243 this weekend. We were shopping for a .223 for recoil purposes, but luckily it worked out great as he's already put two boxes down range and absolutely loves the gun. I expect this gun/caliber to last him at least until his teen years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom