No Bang?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we are finding that time is multi-dimensional and doesn't necessarily flow from a point of origin forward to a point of observation. It's also likely that the 13.8 billion year old stuff is just the stuff on the edge of an event horizon (the point where the light from which will never catch us to be able to observe it).

As far as whether we were created, I choose to be a Christian but believing in God does not answer the question of origin any better than the big bang does. The question of "where did the singularity come from" is to a physicist as "where did God come from" is to a priest. Both sides often use the other to make their argument without considering how the question really is the same for them.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we are finding that time is multi-dimensional and doesn't necessarily flow from a point of origin forward to a point of observation. It's also likely that the 13.8 billion year old stuff is just the stuff on the edge of an event horizon (the point where the light from which will never catch us to be able to observe it).

As far as whether we were created, I choose to be a Christian but believing in God does not answer the question of origin any better than the big bang does. The question of "where did the singularity come from" is to a physicist as "where did God come from" is to a priest. Both sides often use the other to make their argument without considering how the question really is the same for them.
Very well stated. That was the intent of my question about where did God come from. I have more difficulty accepting that either God or the universe just "happened" and find it a little more easy to accept that both always existed.
(this assumes I believe God and the universe both exist, whether or not I do is off topic for the original post)

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Words of wisdom. You've thought these things through. Very nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom