Norman Oklahoma Mayor election 5 April 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanted to inform everyone that lives in Norman or knows anyone that lives in Norman that there is an election for mayor on 5 April 2016 and give them some information about the candidates. You will not find what party they are easily as the city does not allow that to be known as part of its rules. But its easy information to get and confirm for yourself.

Gary Barksdale - Conservative Republican. Strong supporter of gun rights.
www.garybarksdaleformayor.com

Lynn Miller - Liberal Democrat with all of the views you might suspect.
www.lynnemillerfornorman.net

They are also both on Facebook. I would ask that everyone that can vote in Norman to please do so and inform and encourage anyone else you know to do the same.

Please VOTE!!!!!

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes we do still have that anti-gun chief of police and I fear we will soon have yet another anti gun Mayor. I also fear the majority of voters will stay home on April 5th. They will be focused on Donald Trump and not paying attention at all to what is going on in their own backyard. I get very angry with them. You have to vote more than 1 time every 4 years.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a call and he has my vote. Gentleman actually talked on the phone as opposed to staffers. Wife and I will vote. Gary also stated that sooner legends will be the watch party

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't justify voting for someone because they use the word "Patriots" all the time. Stroke your own ego but don't insult me.
I'm not sure what you are talking about with the patriots thing but there are two choices for Mayor. A VERY liberal Democrat or a conservative republican. It's an easy choice for me and I would think it would be an easy choice for most on here. Please get out and vote tomorrow.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always vote. Every election. I looked at both candidates and checked their Facebook pages. Gary kept posting about all the "Patriots" that came out to support him and the like. Sounds too much like a career politician that knows what his voters want to be called and pumping them up for being patted on te head. I'll see what Jerry Lang (neighbor) thinks about the candidates if I have a chance before voting. He's Ward 6 on the council so he has worked with Lynne before and I trust his opinion.

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always vote. Every election. I looked at both candidates and checked their Facebook pages. Gary kept posting about all the "Patriots" that came out to support him and the like. Sounds too much like a career politician that knows what his voters want to be called and pumping them up for being patted on te head. I'll see what Jerry Lang (neighbor) thinks about the candidates if I have a chance before voting. He's Ward 6 on the council so he has worked with Lynne before and I trust his opinion.
The two candidates are polar opposites on just about every issue. It should be very easy for you to pick. Lynn Miller is a liberal Democrat and Gary Barksdale is a conservative Republican. For me it is cut and dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom