Obamanet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He wants to give the poor all the free internet. What do you guys think? He claims it is not state-run. I agree that internet access is pretty vital these days. I think he would have been a more successful president if he had worked on these things first, rather than shove obamacare down our throats.

I agree. We live in a time where you can't even apply for a lot of jobs without internet access. It's also a time where portions of school work require access to the internet as well. It's a good thing.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this certainly strikes me as a list on the most impoverished cities in America today; more like a list of who to pay off with others tax dollars.....

Cliff notes: 22 run by D's, 2 by I's, 1 Libertarian, 1 R

Biggest Cities: 16 of 26

Located in: NE 8 including 5 biggest cities: Baltimore; Maryland; Boston, Camden, Springfield, Massachusetts; New York, New York ; Newark, New Jersey; Philadelphia; Meriden, Connecticut; District of Columbia.
SE 9 including 3 biggest city: Durham, North Carolina; Atlanta, Albany, Macon, Georgia; Tampa, Florida; Memphis, Nashville, Tennessee; Baton Rouge, New Orleans Louisiana
Upper MW 3 including 2 biggest cities: Cleveland; Rockford, Illinois; Springfield, MO;
Lower MW 3 including 2 biggest cities: Kansas City, Missouri; Little Rock, Arkansas; San Antonio, Texas
West 4 including 4 biggest cities: Denver, Colorado; Los Angeles, Fresno, California; Seattle, Washington;

Not surprised in the least. At least he's not giving Iran the bomb.....oh wait.....

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree it's not a good thing because like most or all things ran or touched by the our government it will be mismanaged and cost the working class billions of dollars. I agree with the fact that in this day and age internet access is almost imperative, but about any library in any town has computers and free access. Many business like McDonalds, etc offer free wifi. How many of these low income homes already have computers? Are we going to give out Ipads, or some other computer for free too?

Welfare is meant to give someone down on thier luck a hand up and get them on there feet, unfortuantly today many people use it as a way too make a living instead of working. Where is the incentive to get a job, get an education? I was taught by my parents that if you want something you work for it. Society today has went to crap and this is a prime example!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here comes the push for Internet tax, some has to pay for what Obama gives away. I'm holding off on the purchase of a new computer because of the potential for taxes. I really don't need a computer, I waste a lot of time every day on this beast.
As for Obama coming to Oklahoma, it was for one purpose-to make political hay, to try and create a democrat state out of what traditionally is Republican.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing new here. Cox has been advertising connect home for several years now. I guess he's desperate for a legacy of some kind.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. We live in a time where you can't even apply for a lot of jobs without internet access. It's also a time where portions of school work require access to the internet as well. It's a good thing.

********! Then you pay for all the damn Internet for the 'poor folk' who are too lazy or ignorant to get out and get a better job. I don't want ANOTHER blankety blank frigging mismanaged and bloated gov program. You spend your money, that's fine but SURE as hell don't go trying to spend what little money I have left for someone else. When I grew up people that worked got to eat and nicer things. People that DIDNT work or produce got enough to scrape by in order to incentivize them to do better. Now the welfare broods are fat cats. And yes, I have some in my family as well. Yes, I have been poor while growing up. Yes, my family has been on food stamps and lost our house when I was 15, so don't tell me about poor. We did the hell without and we're better for it now.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was in school and internet (dial-up, not broadband) wasn't available where I lived I would use the internet when I went to the library to check out new books.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it can be said that Internet access is a necessity, surely you can say that about cars too..........cable tv...........washer and drier........dishwasher...........

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is only for the low income indians not anyone else. If you dont have a Choctaw card then you wont receive anything you have to already be getting Free housing ,Free food and all of your utilities paid for by the Choctaws to receive it.

Anybody in Tulsa with school aged kids who have never had cox internet and are on the school lunch program can get it. been that way for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom