OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the entire video leading up to the clip they played so I can see just how it played out and escalated. Clip was very reminiscent of a number of YouTube videos where opposing groups are talking crap, telling the other side to make a move and then they do; no telling what transpired prior. Trooper on the left didn't seem like he was in a deescalating mood though with the incessant barking at them and placing his hand on his pistol at the 0:05 mark when they weren't even close. He got there pretty quick as they approached though. Seems like it all could have been easily avoided with a bit of interpersonal communication skills.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry about that. The man killed was the brother in law of a friend of mine and I wanted the troopers to be in the wrong, but doesn't look like they were.

Ehh, not your fault. It never ceases to amaze me how people can spiral out of control so quickly. Like I said, I couldn't even imagine in my mind where things could have gone so wrong. It just boggles my mind. And the saddest thing of all is it didn't have to be that way. I don't like being told by anyone what to do either but I just cannot grasp the thought process that occurs before someone attack another person ...

Scott and I have our thoughts on what has transpired to create this climate because things were NOT like this even 10 years ago ... and neither of us think it is gonna get better.

There already have, and there are gonna be a lot more innocent people, get caught in the crossfire, unfortunately. No pun intended.

And with that, this is my last post in this thread. There is nothing going on here that hasn't already been hashed out ad nauseum around here before. Same typical players, same typical comments.

I am sorry for your friend's loss. Nobody should have to get that phone call. I'm gonna go hug my husband and tell him to be careful tonight.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry about that. The man killed was the brother in law of a friend of mine and I wanted the troopers to be in the wrong, but doesn't look like they were.

If someone was yellin' at me like a dog i'd get pretty pissed too, possibly to the point of getting in a police officers face. Then i'd be dead, just because of a little shoving match. They don't make men anymore. Just a bunch of trigger happy sissies. That includes the civilian population too.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone was yellin' at me like a dog i'd get pretty pissed too, possibly to the point of getting in a police officers face. Then i'd be dead, just because of a little shoving match. They don't make men anymore. Just a bunch of trigger happy sissies. That includes the civilian population too.

I can't agree with you there. If being a "man" is somebody that uses violence b/c someone is giving them lip, then I'll be whatever Bruce Jenner is now. I still think the whole video needs to be provided, but I don't see the need for hands on approach in this instance regardless how he was being talked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom