Okie rules on steel core

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glassparman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is truly steel core and not just steel jacket. I have pulled a couple apart. A lot of ammo from foreign countries was steel core during certain times because the steel was cheaper than lead. I have seen a bunch of steel core in 7.62x54r that was not marked by paint. Steel core is usually mild and not considered AP thus no painted tip.

I collect vintage military ammo so I'm always pulling stuff apart to check it all out.

Thanks for all the great info!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not read that no steel core rule.
Maybe I missed it but a recent search online did not prove that to be the case.

No centerfire .50 cal or larger allowed.
No tracers and no incendiary rounds allowed.

From the Oklahoma wildlife web sight.
More specific rules will be posted at the range so if you visit there read them and see.

Shooting Range Rules​

On all Department owned or managed lands, the discharge of firearms for purposes other than while hunting is restricted to the specific target or shooting ranges provided for public use.
1. Shooting ranges are open year-round unless specified otherwise in the Oklahoma Fishing and Hunting Regulations (public hunting lands special area regulations, controlled hunt closures) or signs at the range.
2. Shooting hours are official sunrise to thirty minutes after official sunset, daily.
3. Any person using the shooting range under the age of 16 must be immediately supervised by an adult (18 years old or older).
4. All firearms shooting single projectiles or any pellets larger than conventional BB (.180” dia.) must be shot at approved berms and target areas only. Air-borne clay targets may be shot using pellets no larger than conventional BB (.180” dia.).
5. All rifle, pistol, shotgun, and muzzleloader targets will consist of paper or clay targets only.
6. All paper targets must be removed before leaving the shooting area.
7. Centerfire rifles and pistols .50 caliber and larger are prohibited.
8. Fully automatic firearms are prohibited.
9. Fireworks, explosive devices, exploding targets, tracers, and incendiary rounds are prohibited.
10. Eye and ear protection shall be worn while shooting.
11. Shooters, and accompanying adults, must possess a valid Oklahoma hunting license or Oklahoma combination hunting/fishing license unless exempt.
12. Do not shoot while another shooter is down range.
13. Beer and other alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the shooting range and in the shooting range parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom