Oklahoma City, Tulsa in Top Ten Redneck Cities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Mesa, AZ ranked No. 1 in its number of gun/ammo stores per capita, with its population of just about 446,000 and a whopping 132 gun/ammo stores. After all, Arizona was recently ranked the “best state for gun owners,” as you don’t even need a permit to openly carry a gun in public. New York City came in as the city with the least gun shops per capita, with just 30 stores to its over eight million residents."

and how is the crime rate for each city?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's how the author selected his top cities:

...I narrowed it down to these eight most essential criteria:

Percent of population that didn’t complete high school
Number of gun and ammo stores per capita
Number of taxidermists per capita
Number of cowboy boot stores per capita
Number of country radio stations per capita
Number of NASCAR race tracks close by
Number of Walmarts per capita
Number of riding lawn mower/tractor repair shops per capita

If you fit all of these categories, "you might be a redneck."

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Polarize! Let no difference evade your eyes!
Divide! Decide on your side!
Deride! All middle ground denied!

We don't have enough sectionalism, clsssism, racism, etc.ism already, so we should strongly encourage more of each.

(sarcasm mode off) Sheesh!

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We don't have enough sectionalism, clsssism, racism, etc.ism already, so we should strongly encourage more of each.

That's what I got out of it too.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool thing about it is, Rednecks just roll with it. When the metrosexuals and crybabies get their "class" or "category" insulted in some way, everyone hears about it. Rednecks just laugh, and go back to work.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It did come out of Austin, the bastion of conservatism, academia, tolerance, civility, music, culture, and football.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cool thing about it is, Rednecks just roll with it. When the metrosexuals and crybabies get their "class" or "category" insulted in some way, everyone hears about it. Rednecks just laugh, and go back to work.

for the most part i agree, but just as anyone = rednecks have hot button issues too. We get pretty bent out of shape over "stupid" 2A comments and over real/perceived slights against our religions etc. As a whole I would say we're less sensitive than other groups

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for the most part i agree, but just as anyone = rednecks have hot button issues too. We get pretty bent out of shape over "stupid" 2A comments and over real/perceived slights against our religions etc. As a whole I would say we're less sensitive than other groups

You're correct, but let's differentiate - folks get stupid about 2A stuff - we say "leave us alone". Other groups get bent out of shape they say "pass a law to.."
Immediately restricting someone else's rights to...whatever.

As for religion, well most like freedom of religion only if it's their religion, and that, unfortunately includes most rednecks as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom