Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stories like this make me think long and hard about going ahead and getting my CCL. I am always close to a weapon when inside my home but the randomness of these crimes make me worry. If someone broke in at night while I was sleeping then I would be able to quickly grab a gun. Yet if something happened like the Lawyer story then the gun would be in my room and I would be at the mercy of the criminals. It seems like carrying is the only way to ensure safety in a situation like that.
I'm sort of with you, I got my CCL after that couple were traveling in their camping trailer and some cons escaped from an Arizona prison, murdered them and set fire to their trailer and I think they were in the trailer. They had a CCL but didn't carry the guns on them-the guns were in the trailer. The moral of the story is not to go outside your RV sans gun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's why I almost never look through the peep hole ... much safer to use a side window with curtains if you have one.
but it's really important to always challenge any knock at the door with a .. Who's there? or what ever your fav question ..

if you don't challenge a knock at your front door .. potential home invasion thugs may decide no one is home and kick down door.
this is where the unmistakeable sound of racking a shell into your 870 shotty comes in pretty darn handy ... standing to side of the door of course.

If you announce, and "rack the slide", you have just lost tactical advantage by giving away your position. Go ahead and let them enter......to a hail of fire.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you announce, and "rack the slide", you have just lost tactical advantage by giving away your position. Go ahead and let them enter......to a hail of fire.

true that .. but no way I'm staying in the same place after challenging the door. point is if you don't challenge a knock at the door one is at higher risk of getting your door kicked in. logic says lowlifes that do home invasions will find a easier target than someone if they think is armed and ready on the other side.

I'd do just about anything to avoid shooting someone! challenge that knock and don't open your door without knowing 100% who's there ... better yet install a video camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sort of with you, I got my CCL after that couple were traveling in their camping trailer and some cons escaped from an Arizona prison, murdered them and set fire to their trailer and I think they were in the trailer. They had a CCL but didn't carry the guns on them-the guns were in the trailer. The moral of the story is not to go outside your RV sans gun.

You don't need a license when in your own home...And some other places....Please refer to the SDA, and its attachments....8)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
11-Year-Old Girl Uses Shotgun to Save Herself From Home Invader

February 2, 2015 2:59 pm

s2.freebeacon.com_up_2015_02_AP081106043052_540x411.jpg

An 11-year-old girl in Michigan was able to defend herself from a man who broke into her home late last week. The girl hid in a closet after a man entered her house while she was home alone. Unfortunately for the robber, when he opened the closet door he found the girl aiming a shotgun right at him, Michigan Live reports.

Deputies from the Lapeer County Sheriff’s Department responded around 3:45 p.m. Friday, Jan. 30 to a Five Lakes Road home where the girl was home alone when a vehicle pulled into the driveway.

A Lapeer County Sheriff’s Office news release states one person knocked on all the doors and forced their way inside the home when there was no response. The girl locked herself inside a bathroom closet with a shotgun.

The suspect eventually opened the bathroom door and closet where the child was hiding with the weapon. The girl aimed the shotgun at the suspect, whom then fled from the home.

Police said the girl was not harmed during the encounter.

Police were able to capture the suspect shortly after he fled the home.

http://freebeacon.com/culture/11-year-old-girl-uses-shotgun-to-save-herself-from-home-invader/

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

NEVER open your door unless you know with 100% certainty who's there!

===============

Police Seek 2 Suspects In Shooting That Injured One In SW OKC
Posted: Feb 02, 2015

Police are looking for two suspects in connection to a shooting that seriously injured one person in southwest Oklahoma City, Monday morning.

According to police, officers are responding to the report of a shooting at a home in the 1700 block of Everglade Ct., which is near S.W. 15th and S. Morgan Rd. in Oklahoma City.

Bob Mills SkyNews 9 HD was over the scene. Pilot Jim Gardner reported that two suspects approached the home and knocked on the door. One person answered the door and was then shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom