Oklahoma Lawmaker Plans Drug Testing For Welfare Recipients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...but it's what's in mans heart that matters.

Yes.

Sometimes there are laws that can be enacted that help correct a social evil, like drug users getting welfare, but nothing is really straightened out until people's hearts change. We put too much faith in government.

I'd like to say we should just do away with welfare totally. But people would immediately jump all over me with examples of truly needy people who get it. Far better to have stuck with private charity and never allowed the government to get in the charity business in the first place.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes.

Sometimes there are laws that can be enacted that help correct a social evil, like drug users getting welfare, but nothing is really straightened out until people's hearts change. We put too much faith in government.

I'd like to say we should just do away with welfare totally. But people would immediately jump all over me with examples of truly needy people who get it. Far better to have stuck with private charity and never allowed the government to get in the charity business in the first place.

This ^^^

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all a side effect of a corrupt government. A just society is often a harsh society. We've eliminated responsibility from the equation. Someone who truly needed assistance for a disability or a short term setback would understand that they're a burden to their fellow countrymen. Someone who wants a free handout doesn't give a damn. If I truly needed assistance, I'd be glad to give the taxpayers footing my bills assurances that I wasn't taking them and their money for granted. I'd be thankful for their assistance and willing to do my part to help others once I was back on my feet.

That is not what the welfare system has become. The indignation over the system currently in place is righteous and just. If you're mad that you might have to pee in a cup in order to pick up your monthly check in your Escalade, the f$@k you and the horse you rode in on! You have the option of fending for yourself if you don't like it!

What I'm saying here also goes for corporations and industries and foreign governments too. Don't like it? Then don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom