Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard enough raising my own kids so I won't be adopting any others any time soon. If that nullifies the credibility of my view on abortion, then don't read any further. From a worldly view, I see the point that it would be better to not be born than to be a drug addict, thief, or whatever we deem as "dirtbag". My problem is, should we have the authority to decide who is "worthy of living"? That's a big assumption to justify killing babies on the possibility that they may grow up to be "dirtbags". That's almost like basing the right to live upon our contribution to society or lack of. What about those in nursing homes? Should they be killed? What about the present population of "dirtbags", should they be killed? What about those who are handicapped? I'm not arguing one way or another, it's just that if a mother can kill her baby legally, on what moral ground is it wrong for me to kill some a-hole?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard enough raising my own kids so I won't be adopting any others any time soon. If that nullifies the credibility of my view on abortion, then don't read any further. From a worldly view, I see the point that it would be better to not be born than to be a drug addict, thief, or whatever we deem as "dirtbag". My problem is, should we have the authority to decide who is "worthy of living"? That's a big assumption to justify killing babies on the possibility that they may grow up to be "dirtbags". That's almost like basing the right to live upon our contribution to society or lack of. What about those in nursing homes? Should they be killed? What about the present population of "dirtbags", should they be killed? What about those who are handicapped? I'm not arguing one way or another, it's just that if a mother can kill her baby legally, on what moral ground is it wrong for me to kill some a-hole?

I don't think that we are assuming anyone would grow up to be a 'dirtbag' or such. Just noting that an unwanted child faces an uphill battle. Especially if the person is not in a position to parent (emotionally, financially, etc).

I also think you're discussing the common distinction between unborn vs child/adult/elderly. While imperfect, there is a difference between a fetus that cannot live outside the womb and a person. Perhaps it's a semantic argument, and certainly one that not everyone will agree with, but there is a difference.

I'll just add that criminalizing abortion does not stop abortion. It merely drives it underground.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as a fetus cannot live outside the womb, many of the elderly and handicapped cannot live outside of 24 hour medical care. Does that make them not a person?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as a fetus cannot live outside the womb, many of the elderly and handicapped cannot live outside of 24 hour medical care. Does that make them not a person?

What is your solution? You've stated that you won't or can't care for any millions of aborted children. So what do we do with them? Government funded kiddy farms?

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Uncle George once said, "They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born... you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re preborn, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re f—-d.”

I think we should adopt some sort of tax that you have to pay if you want to have a child. If you can't pay it, you're likely not fit for parenthood. Otherwise, condoms, spermicide and birth control for everyone! That way I can walk through the aisles of stores without some Jabba looking creature with her 7 offspring blocking the entire thing looking at sugary cereal with her stamp card in her hand. Seems everyone's a winner there.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not advocating no sex education, I'm advocating that parents take responsibility for providing the education.

Lol. Good luck with that. Those are same the parents who didn't/don't want kids.

It's amazing how ignorant most grown-ass adults are about sex, reproductive health - even their own basic anatomy. Qualified sex-ed teachers most parents are not. Hence why they had accidental kids themselves.

That's assuming they'd even TRY to educate their kids. Which they don't.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I'll just add that criminalizing abortion does not stop abortion. It merely drives it underground.

Exactly. Banning abortions prevents abortions as well as banning guns prevents homicides. If you think abortion should be banned by the federal/state/any government, why would you not apply the same logic to guns? I mean, innocent babies and children are killed by lots of guns each year. If we're going to be pro-life, lets at least be consistent about it.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. Good luck with that. Those are same the parents who didn't/don't want kids.

It's amazing how ignorant most grown-ass adults are about sex, reproductive health - even their own basic anatomy. Qualified sex-ed teachers most parents are not. Hence why they had accidental kids themselves.

That's assuming they'd even TRY to educate their kids. Which they don't.

Should we require parenting education classes for new parents?

Latest posts

Top Bottom