Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a college course with the typical 18y/o high school graduate, you won't be anymore impressed with the job public schools did with basic education than the parents did with sex education.

I'm not on the Bernie train. I'm not a fan of excusing poor parenting. Hold parents accountable. Hold kids accountable. If the state can mandate that kids must receive drivers education prior to receiving a drivers license then they can mandate sex education. Guess what, not all schools offer drivers education these day, the options are parent taught or private lessons.

And what are you going to do if they don't get sex ed, not let them have sex? Good luck with that!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well RH, I know personally a couple that had what seemed to be agreeing stances, yet when she got knocked up, she wanted out of it. Great suffering and gnashing of teeth by the dude.

And yes, the financial responsibility will fall on the taxpayers unless the guy has a job and can be found. (as in regular dude vs "baby daddy)

I really couldn't care less about abortions unless it involves me, then I'm against it. But there are some conflicting principles when it comes to responsibility and criminal charges for unborn murder.
I'd be OK with fetal homicide laws being replaced with something more consistent.

Also, first remove state-level abortion restrictions, let more clinics open, and then I'd be OK with limititing the financial responsibilty of the sperm donor to $300 for his half of the D&C and gas money if the child support thing is a hang up. Let it be on her if she wants it and he doesn't. Only if her abortion access is easy, though. Child support just doesn't cross my mind because I've never had to worry about it personally. I've only had sex with maybe 2 women who wanted kids. And they didn't want them at the time. Or for them to be mine. 100% clear on that.

Fact of the matter is women have all the responsibility of carrying and raising a child and men have none. Hence why abortion should be their choice alone.

Almost every woman I know (27-40) was abandoned financially or completely by their "father".

A couple years ago one of my friends (female) was in a reverse of the situation you describe. Her partner had previously agreed to raise a kid with her if she got pregnant. When she did, he fled the state, changed his phone, etc. It's real easy to duck that rap if you're OK with being a slacker or blue collar. He was a 40 year old hipster carpenter so he's free and clear of it without even changing his lifestyle. That's how a man has an abortion. That kid is very much alive today - but it's dead to him.

Sex has risks. Pick your partners carefully. But women need abortion access to have equal reproductive rights to men.

We could keep on going down anecdote street (women intentionally impregnated after BC sabotage by an abuser to gain more control, anyone?) or we could just let 1973 stand and get on with it. Anecdotes can paint ****** stories on each side of the fence.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think the right should stop trying to restrict abortion and the left should stop trying to restrict firearms. Call it a truce on 2 issues that are no stranger's fawking business.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what are you going to do if they don't get sex ed, not let them have sex? Good luck with that!

Fine the living sh1t out of the parents if their kid shows up for an abortion or to be treated for an STD.

This whole excusing irresponsible behaviors at the expense of taxpayers is insane and enabling these people just compounds the problem.

Are you going to raise your kids to be irresponsible and make excuses for their mistakes or are you going to give them participation trophies for fawking up because, you know, they should never know what failure feels like and that's what is really important.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think the right should stop trying to restrict abortion and the left should stop trying to restrict firearms. Call it a truce on 2 issues that are no stranger's fawking business.

And if we could get both parties to quit taxing the crap out of the middle class that would be peachy.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we need is a law imposing a life sentence on politicians who propose or vote for laws that have no chance in hell of surviving Supreme Court scrutiny.

C'mon, folks, this is settled law. This asshat is just wasting time and taxpayers' money to grandstand and make a name for himself.

...I've changed my mind. For sponsors, make it a hanging offense.

Imagine how many polar politicians you'd eliminate....

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

The two are not really comparable. No one on the left, at least no one that is taken seriously, is calling for the end of the 2nd, the confiscation of all currently owned firearms and no access to any firearms. That's not only what many on the right are doing, it's part of the GOP's official platform. Over the last 20 years the access to firearms and the legal ability to carry a firearm has not only not been restricted, it's been expanded significantly. Access to abortions has been systematically restricted with state after state after state passing law after law after law with the intent of restricting a woman's access to a constitutionally protected medical procedure. Hell, the right even has a plan. It's called TRAP (Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers) laws.

Yeah, the two are not even close to being the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom