Oklahoma State Police issue stainless model 64 in .357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
howdy , does anyone have or have seen a Oklahoma State Police issue stainless model 64 in .357 ??
i read that S&W made a batch for the OSP before beging the model 65 production , wondering how & if the guns were marked ?? and serial number range ??
many thanks, rooster

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the answers to all of your questions, but yes I have seen one. It belongs to a retired trooper and it is a Model 64 and so marked OHP.
I do own a 3 inch round butt model 64, marked Georgia Parole Board that is marked 38 special but is a 357 magnum.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been such a thing as far as I know.

Could you be thinking of Oklahoma Highway Patrol?

I see a lot of silver SUVs on I-40 just west of El Reno that are clearly marked Oklahoma State Police. They do a lot of searches of vehicles. When they pull one over there are usually three of them parked there and everything in the cars they stop will be laying out on the ground.

I didn't know either. I always thought it was Canadian County deputies until a friend told me to look clser.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see a lot of silver SUVs on I-40 just west of El Reno that are clearly marked Oklahoma State Police. They do a lot of searches of vehicles. When they pull one over there are usually three of them parked there and everything in the cars they stop will be laying out on the ground.

I didn't know either. I always thought it was Canadian County deputies until a friend told me to look clser.

Yep. Those are the guys that got in trouble for detaining people even though they were not swarn officers. And splitting confiscated "profits" with other law enforcement agencies. But they are at it again. All in the name of safety. And for the children.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They are OBNDD. Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Those are the guys that got in trouble for detaining people even though they were not swarn officers. And splitting confiscated "profits" with other law enforcement agencies. But they are at it again. All in the name of safety. And for the children.

I drive through there a lot and I never noticed that they quit doing it. It has been constant for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom