Only YOU Can Protect Net Neutrality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it wasn't for ROW and easement laws two thirds of homes in this county wouldn't have clean flowing water and sewage would still be dumped in the streets. BTW, I don't know of any new pole lines put up in years - maintaining yes - new no. At least by telcos. Occasionally, some new cable is strung up to existing but that's the exception. There's a lot of companies placing cable everyday but most don't cry about how unfair it is that they aren't using others facilities. For the record, a great deal of conduit and cable is sold or leased to companies willing to pay for it instead of placing their own. By Google trying to do what they are doing it's simply an attempt to get free (or significantly reduced priced) access to incumbent facilities. Like what happened when the FCC was 'encouraging' competition by hammering incumbent carriers.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it wasn't for ROW and easement laws two thirds of homes in this county wouldn't have clean flowing water and sewage would still be dumped in the streets. BTW, I don't know of any new pole lines put up in years - maintaining yes - new no. At least by telcos. Occasionally, some new cable is strung up to existing but that's the exception. There's a lot of companies placing cable everyday but most don't cry about how unfair it is that they aren't using others facilities. For the record, a great deal of conduit and cable is sold or leased to companies willing to pay for it instead of placing their own. By Google trying to do what they are doing it's simply an attempt to get free (or significantly reduced priced) access to incumbent facilities. Like what happened when the FCC was 'encouraging' competition by hammering incumbent carriers.
I see what you're saying.
At times someone has to give up part of their personal property rights in the interests of the common good.
Just not OGE or telecom companies.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a solution.

How about if oge grants an easement on their poles to the telecoms and the telecoms grant easements to other telecoms?
Long story short, problem solved. :)

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, very little of what is on poles belongs to telcoms these days. Besides power companies the vast majority of it is cable company property and I have no idea what Cox pays OG&E for the privilege.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, very little of what is on poles belongs to telcoms these days. Besides power companies the vast majority of it is cable company property and I have no idea what Cox pays OG&E for the privilege.

The city of OKC pays OG&E $15 per pole annually. I'd reckon that Cox pays something similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom