Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually see 10-20 OC's a day. Do you guys lead a sheltered life or just oblivious to your surroundings. We have a lot that come in our store.

Your last sentance says it all in you case. Come in our store. I bet if I worked in a store I would see more too. I live in a house in the country, not too many people walking thru my house, especially OCing, but I dont just sit in the house in the country all day. I do get out and around, daily. I go to the grocery store, restaurants, gas stations, etc etc in my small town and nearby in Tulsa. When I am out and about, no, I dont see that many OCing at all. I was in Tulsa all day yesterday all over town and didnt see one. Didnt mean they werent there, they just werent where I happened to be.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the biggest majority of us who wanted OC passed have continued to CC. We just did not want to have the "printing" thing or accidental showing thing cloud over our heads. I jumped out of my car to put gas in one day and my untucked t-shirt was on the inside of my IWB holster, so the handle was sticking out. Guy next to me asked if that was a 45. I said yep, and pulled my t-shirt out to cover it up. Had a nice conversation with him.

To me, same as the pending legislation to make Oklahoma Constitutional carry legal, it will only affect OC, we still will have to have a license to CC. I do not think it will change much in most peoples lives, but certainly is a step in the right direction.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're dressed nice the average non-gun person will probably assume you're a LEO or something and not even give you a second glance. If you're dressed like slob buying bottom shelf vodka...you're really not helping your fellow gun owners much.

So now I have to live up to someone's specific standards for how I'm supposed to look in order to be able to carry openly?

Personally I think that it shouldn't matter if I look like I just came out of a refrigerator box underneath an overpass or I look like a $500/hr lawyer, as long as I'm not breaking any laws, my appearance shouldn't make a difference

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now I have to live up to someone's specific standards for how I'm supposed to look in order to be able to carry openly?

Personally I think that it shouldn't matter if I look like I just came out of a refrigerator box underneath an overpass or I look like a $500/hr lawyer, as long as I'm not breaking any laws, my appearance shouldn't make a difference

Nah, enjoy your Popov! ;)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the biggest majority of us who wanted OC passed have continued to CC. We just did not want to have the "printing" thing or accidental showing thing cloud over our heads. I jumped out of my car to put gas in one day and my untucked t-shirt was on the inside of my IWB holster, so the handle was sticking out. Guy next to me asked if that was a 45. I said yep, and pulled my t-shirt out to cover it up. Had a nice conversation with him.

To me, same as the pending legislation to make Oklahoma Constitutional carry legal, it will only affect OC, we still will have to have a license to CC. I do not think it will change much in most peoples lives, but certainly is a step in the right direction.

I can surely agree with this. When OC happened I was elated because of printing goofs I have had.

Wondering tho how many more people than now will be open carrying if this passes? And will the percentage of those with CCWs OCing go up when everyone else is able to?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I scared the crap out of an old yuppie woman in a Lowe's parking lot when my shirt rode over my 1911 once. Carrying a big thing in high winds. She practically ran to her car. Lawl.

I dress like a slob and wear metal t-shirts a lot. You won't know I'm carrying if you don't know me. Unless it's windy at Lowe's. Lawl.

I get that we don't owe the anti/non gun community anything. But flies with honey and all. I've personally turned several antis to our side and I didn't do it with my rebel flag t-shirt pulled over my blackhawk at Chipotle, but whatevs.

I opened carried last weekend btw. Shed hunting/scouting time!

Damn! Liquor store's closed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom